Current time: 06/05/2024, 00:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
(04/05/2014 10:05)SandyDrew Wrote:  As part of the CMA investigation, none of the assets from JPT are to be disposed of, and the businesses cannot yet to be fully integrated.

Though much of the CMA order does look like a 'copy and paste' from previous pre-takeover investigations.

Deadline for this is shown as 26th August.

Struggling to share the link - but you can find it on the CMA gov website, under CMA cases.

So the apparent technicality of Stagecoach merely replacing JPT services rather than buying out the company as such has not prevented a CMA investigation after all. If they deny Stagecoach the right to the operation, would anyone then want it knowing that Stagecoach could eventually register parallel services? Anyway, I have located the link at https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/greater-man...ive-travel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Am I right in thinking that from this week if Stagecoach vehicles are used on JPT services including the evening/Sunday tenders then the usual 'On Hire to JPT' notices will have to be displayed in the windscreen
(05/05/2014 06:48)M60lad Wrote:  Am I right in thinking that from this week if Stagecoach vehicles are used on JPT services including the evening/Sunday tenders then the usual 'On Hire to JPT' notices will have to be displayed in the windscreen

I would have thought no as the JPT ops licence wasn't acquired by Stagecoach. All the former JPT services are being run off Stagecoach's own licence, so why would they need to hire buses to themselves.
Wouldn't any JPT vehicles operate with Stagecoach legals?
I thought they put stagecoach legals on the buses they are using from jpt.
H-BKH Olympian on the 118 this morning
The Leylands are the only serviceable vehicles at the moment.
(06/05/2014 15:35)joe_alker Wrote:  The Leylands are the only serviceable vehicles at the moment.

H159BKH and R873LHG are the only two ex JPT vehicles that have been used by Stagecoach so far, I think possibly only today!, both still carry JPT fleetnames, R873 had a small Stagecoach fleetnumber instead of the JPT fleet number and both carried full Stagecoach Manchester legals. Neither carried 'on hire' notices.

I'm told other former JPT vehicles could be on the road later this week but my pal wouldn't give any more details so god knows what will appear.
I saw RT59 JPT (Enviro 300) broke down on Rochdale Road with a Stagecoach van behind it. It has only been back in service for 5 minutes.

I also saw that PN02 XBV (Trident) is back in service on the 118, but the driver went the wrong way onto Moston Lane.
(12/05/2014 16:13)Polo Mint Wrote:  I saw RT59 JPT (Enviro 300) broke down on Rochdale Road with a Stagecoach van behind it. It has only been back in service for 5 minutes.

I also saw that PN02 XBV (Trident) is back in service on the 118, but the driver went the wrong way onto Moston Lane.

I think those JPT buses have a curse on them Sad Violin
(12/05/2014 16:13)Polo Mint Wrote:  I saw RT59 JPT (Enviro 300) broke down on Rochdale Road with a Stagecoach van behind it. It has only been back in service for 5 minutes.

PN02 XBV is a Volvo B7TL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)