Current time: 25/05/2024, 08:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
(30/04/2014 23:49)Polo Mint Wrote:  I'd like to think the Primos and Tridents still have life left in them, I would also think the odd ball Turkish buses will be used although I am not banking on it.

401 has been cannibalised to keep the other on the road, and has been shown as "withdrawn" on the NW Buses website for some time, so I would not be too optimistic about that one reappearing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/05/2014 06:36)Owl Wrote:  401 has been cannibalised to keep the other on the road, and has been shown as "withdrawn" on the NW Buses website for some time, so I would not be too optimistic about that one reappearing.

I would like to ask where BMC Falcon 401 BU53PNV is?? 401 parked at which Depot now? I would like to come see and photo them before gone. Hope this help me. Thanks. Regards.
Just been past jpt depot again 2buses left 1 plaxton decker and a bMC single both with parts missing
(01/05/2014 12:43)326VFM Wrote:  I would like to ask where BMC Falcon 401 BU53PNV is?? 401 parked at which Depot now? I would like to come see and photo them before gone. Hope this help me. Thanks. Regards.

There's a white BMC at Wigan depot
(01/05/2014 14:13)Scania1996 Wrote:  There's a white BMC at Wigan depot

Thanks for this. BMC still at Stagecoach Depot Wigan, I ask for name of street and post code, I might go see them next week. Hopefully still there until I come. I wondered the engine still there or missed.
(01/05/2014 18:43)Dentonian Wrote:  NB: New to forum:

Just who *have* Stagecoach "put out of business" in Greater Manchester?

There's only two companies that I can think of where Stagecoach turned the screws, so to speak, UK North being one. Now lets be honest Stagecoach actually did us bus users a favour there.

Another I would say was Dennis's. I live in Tameside like you and remember the spats between Stagecoach and Dennis's very well and towards the end you could hardly move in Ashton for 216's, 219's, 330's and 347's if I remember rightly.
To be fair though Dennis's and Stagecoach had gone about thier own business until Mr Coopers son/son in law (forget which one he was) took over the reigns and was power mad. Very much like the former owner of JPT!
Of course I don't think the national coverage over the death of poor Jamie Lavis helped where Dennis's were concerned.

PS, welcome to the group at long last Dentonian. Good to finally have the voice of TFGM here with us Smile
(01/05/2014 19:18)Mayneway Wrote:  There's only two companies that I can think of where Stagecoach turned the screws, so to speak, UK North being one. Now lets be honest Stagecoach actually did us bus users a favour there.

Another I would say was Dennis's. I live in Tameside like you and remember the spats between Stagecoach and Dennis's very well and towards the end you could hardly move in Ashton for 216's, 219's, 330's and 347's if I remember rightly.
To be fair though Dennis's and Stagecoach had gone about thier own business until Mr Coopers son/son in law (forget which one he was) took over the reigns and was power mad.

Stagecoach haven't 'put anybody out of business' in Manchester, as you say. It seems that unfortunately their actions in Darlington 20 years ago are still used as a stick to beat them with by some.

UK North put themselves out of business, make no mistake about that, and the streets were a lot safer for their passing. The fact that at least one of UKN's directors spent time at Her Majesty's Pleasure after the whole thing fell apart should be an indicator as to how serious matters were there.

As for Dennis's, what did they expect? There seems to be an undercurrent of entitlement among a few smaller operators that it's perfectly OK for them to set up and try to 'cream off' the larger operators' services, but then when Stagecoach or whoever bite back with some force the victim card comes out. They need to play the game and accept that some they win, some they lose.
(02/05/2014 09:24)126th street Wrote:  Stagecoach haven't 'put anybody out of business' in Manchester, as you say. It seems that unfortunately their actions in Darlington 20 years ago are still used as a stick to beat them with by some.

UK North put themselves out of business, make no mistake about that, and the streets were a lot safer for their passing. The fact that at least one of UKN's directors spent time at Her Majesty's Pleasure after the whole thing fell apart should be an indicator as to how serious matters were there.

As for Dennis's, what did they expect? There seems to be an undercurrent of entitlement among a few smaller operators that it's perfectly OK for them to set up and try to 'cream off' the larger operators' services, but then when Stagecoach or whoever bite back with some force the victim card comes out. They need to play the game and accept that some they win, some they lose.

I agree entirely although what I will say is that Dennis's were around long before Stagecoach, as soon as Dennis's started using full size buses and increasing thier frequency on a shared service, out came the blue army of Magic Buses to put them in thier place. Say what you want about stagecoach but the Magic buses soon disappeared once they had 'acquired' Dennis's.

And did Stagecoach play fair in Preston a few years back??
(02/05/2014 10:16)Mayneway Wrote:  And did Stagecoach play fair in Preston a few years back??

or in places like Accrington, Barrow-in-Furness, Darlington, Hartlepool, Lancaster
Not sure where it was off to (probably a Stagecoach Depot somewhere) but one of JPTs Wright Liberator B10Ls was being driven down Broadway last night at about 21:10, I spotted it going over M60 as I was on my way home

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)