Current time: 18/05/2024, 11:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Happy Als
RE: Happy Als
Merseytravel dont pull contracts lightly something must have caused them do this so abruptly . I do wonder whether this means that Arriva and Stagecoach will have to fill there shoes for a short while .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/02/2016 18:33)wirralbus Wrote:  Merseytravel dont pull contracts lightly something must have caused them do this so abruptly . I do wonder whether this means that Arriva and Stagecoach will have to fill there shoes for a short while .

No, Happy Als have registered the routes commercially according to the Merseytravel website. They'll run them at 80p fares as normal, but I wonder how long they'll do that for.
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us/...vices.aspx

Apparently Happy Al's are going to continue to operate the services but commercially.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Does commercial status mean that there is less accountability now and more that Happy Als can get away with, or is it just as regulated but for different things?
Does mean no safety net if the service doesnt reach profitability then its curtains , some school buses are good earners .
(17/02/2016 23:27)wirralbus Wrote:  Does mean no safety net if the service doesnt reach profitability then its curtains , some school buses are good earners .

Will they have to be DDA vehicles if they are commercial? Are supported school buses required to be DDA compliant?
DDA if single deck, not DDA on double deckers until end of the year.
Article on the Wirral Globe site tonight, reporting ALS have deregistered the schools they took on commercially with effect from May
(26/02/2016 17:59)N271CKB Wrote:  Article on the Wirral Globe site tonight, reporting ALS have deregistered the schools they took on commercially with effect from May

Its on VOSA Today, Did not take them long at all to give up on them

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Not much of a surprise either.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)