Current time: 26/04/2024, 10:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stotts of Oldham
RE: Stotts of Oldham
Another thing is that Stotts have the policy of regular drivers on the same route/s day in day out including their School Service as far as I know.

Their base is on Lees Road in Oldham just up the road from Fire Station but all vehicles are kept in a secure compound just off Glodwick Road.

Their School Services are operated by mostly ex Stagecoach London ALX400 Tridents and a few ex UKNorth East Lancs Olympians although 2 afternoon school services that interwork are operated by an ex Transdev Keighley Wright Renown B10BLE.

The ex Pennine (Skipton) Dart SLF that they own is still in Pennine livery but with Stotts names sometimes appears on 407 Oldham-Denshawe service and can also appear on those 2 afternoon school services should the Volvo B10BLE be unavailable for some reason
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Since Stotts regained route 364, for a while it used a white Enviro200 with Stotts fleetname on Mon-Fri but a Solo in Stotts livery on Saturdays. However, on some recent Saturdays it has used the Enviro200.

I thought I would mention that route 364 goes to Heaton Norris, just north of Stockport.
(07/02/2015 23:06)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Since Stotts regained route 364, for a while it used a white Enviro200 with Stotts fleetname on Mon-Fri but a Solo in Stotts livery on Saturdays. However, on some recent Saturdays it has used the Enviro200.

I thought I would mention that route 364 goes to Heaton Norris, just north of Stockport.

They don't operate the 343 on a Saturday so that free's up Solos that can be used on the 364. If Enviro200's are to become the mainstay of the 151 the white one might become a spare so ur might become quite common to see Solos on the 364.

Solo MX07JNK gained an all over livery for the 200 Rochdale town centre shuttle last autumn so it very rearly appears on anything else.
Does anyone know of an up to date fleetlist for Stotts? Their fleet is becoming quite interesting, thanks.
(19/11/2015 10:28)acocker96 Wrote:  Does anyone know of an up to date fleetlist for Stotts? Their fleet is becoming quite interesting, thanks.
i have pmd you but this is link to fleet list for aug 15
http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/Sto...Tours.html
Got your pm thanks a lot james
It dosen't often see use these days but Plaxton Paramount bodied Volvo B10M F995HGE is currently performing on the 011 bluecoat school service to Glossop.
This run throws up some very interesting workings with it being a private contract.
(29/03/2017 15:42)Mayneway Wrote:  It dosen't often see use these days but Plaxton Paramount bodied Volvo B10M F995HGE is currently performing on the 011 bluecoat school service to Glossop.
This run throws up some very interesting workings with it being a private contract.

I can't seem to find a recent fleet list but I find it interesting that Stotts still have (as far as I know) the ex-Cardiff Scanias, they must be super reliable to still be used at 25+ years old. I've not seen any Tridents or Olympians for a while either.
(29/03/2017 21:54)acocker96 Wrote:  I can't seem to find a recent fleet list but I find it interesting that Stotts still have (as far as I know) the ex-Cardiff Scanias, they must be super reliable to still be used at 25+ years old. I've not seen any Tridents or Olympians for a while either.

Only two of the J reg scanias in service now the rest are still there but withdrawn. Olympians have all been sold to Golden eagle who have had the full batch.

Tridents are all still in use including the ex Geldards Blue one.

The 011 bluecoat service is often worked by one of the scanias, just a shame they don't see regular passenger use anymore.
(29/03/2017 22:18)Mayneway Wrote:  Only two of the J reg scanias in service now the rest are still there but withdrawn. Olympians have all been sold to Golden eagle who have had the full batch.

Tridents are all still in use including the ex Geldards Blue one.

The 011 bluecoat service is often worked by one of the scanias, just a shame they don't see regular passenger use anymore.

I remember a driver told me once they don't scrap because they can't get the value back out of them, that's maybe why they have kept hold of them. Keeping them in service maybe partly sentimental as they've been there that long. I'm surprised a couple of the Olympians weren't kept to allow the Scanias to be retired.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)