Current time: 17/05/2024, 07:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas and New Year Services: The Reckoning
RE: Christmas and New Year Services: The Reckoning
(02/01/2015 15:59)Barney Wrote:  This is a fair comment. Merseytravel and the major operators did their best on their websites to inform customers that services over the festive period would be amended. Having said that, I am still surprised by how many young people (under 30) are unaware of the existence of the various travel apps that would overcome this problem. For example, in the last week I have used the Merseytravel and Arriva sites and apps real time facility on several occasions to catch a bus. On one occasion a young woman assumed that I was an Arriva employee as I predicted that the bus would arrive within two minutes, which it did.
I thought the Merseytravel App was supposed to be unavailable between Christmas Eve and January 2nd. Merseytravel claimed that the app would not have the up-to-date information and advised people to phone instead - modern technology eh! Arriva's app has worked quite well apart from Boxing Day when the live map was saying no connections when I checked my local stop (which is on a busy corridor which did have services running). Also today the Arriva App was only giving the timetabled times for services as opposed to Real Time information. How does that work as I thought the Real Time went off the bus GPS - you would think that the GPS would be on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christmas and New Year Services: The Reckoning - St Helens Rider - 02/01/2015 17:34

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)