Current time: 23/04/2024, 11:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Step Farewells
RE: Step Farewells
Well...two weekends into the year and I have seen 6 step entranced minibuses working... There must be some loopholes that allow them on certain routes... I have also heard if the bus has 22 seats or less it is also exempt, allowing TJ Walsh of Halifax to get some new stock for their services. I would love to know what the other exemptions are...

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
How are Wigan Coachways services and NWVRT running days affected?
(11/01/2015 10:28)ANW 2283 Wrote:  Well...two weekends into the year and I have seen 6 step entranced minibuses working... There must be some loopholes that allow them on certain routes... I have also heard if the bus has 22 seats or less it is also exempt, allowing TJ Walsh of Halifax to get some new stock for their services. I would love to know what the other exemptions are...

The exemptions I know of / have heard about are:

Re:registering the vehicle as a coach if possible. Removes the standing capacity, but gives it a few more years.

Non-dda vehicles being allowed 14 days passenger use per year. Mostly to allow heritage use.
(12/01/2015 08:47)djb Wrote:  Non-dda vehicles being allowed 14 days passenger use per year. Mostly to allow heritage use.

Would this include vehicles that are privately owned carrying non fare paying passengers? For example: If I owned a 1993 Volvo B10M and mainly used it for leisure with family & friends, would I be able to use it as much as I wanted?
(12/01/2015 19:23)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Would this include vehicles that are privately owned carrying non fare paying passengers? For example: If I owned a 1993 Volvo B10M and mainly used it for leisure with family & friends, would I be able to use it as much as I wanted?

I'm not an expert in the area, but I assume you would be fine since the dda rulings only cover public service routes. I think the ruling is to allow for running days where heritage buses run in normal service (such as the delaine).
206 is worked by Step entrance Minibus's still

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
I've noticed today that First Oldham are still running Optare Solo's and a Dart that weigh's 7498 kilos and these where not DDA compliant.
(14/01/2015 18:49)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I've noticed today that First Oldham are still running Optare Solo's and a Dart that weigh's 7498 kilos and these where not DDA compliant.

That's the unladen weight - the DDA guidelines don't use that. All Solos and Darts are above 7.5t so can last until the end of the year.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Are Varo's still usable? Also, if a non DDA compliant vehicle is used on a private contract service after the date, for example college/some school services, are these allowed to run more than 14 days?
(14/01/2015 21:22)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Are Varo's still usable? Also, if a non DDA compliant vehicle is used on a private contract service after the date, for example college/some school services, are these allowed to run more than 14 days?

Varios that have either been reclassified as coaches or were built as coaches can still be used normally (until the end of 2019). DDA regulations only really apply to registered services so any private contracts are effectively able to be worked by non-DDA vehicles even after the DDA deadlines.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)