Current time: 03/05/2024, 20:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva's Impending North Liverpool Changes
RE: Arriva's Impending North Liverpool Changes
(15/01/2015 14:29)MPTE1955 Wrote:  With regards this 53A withdrawal, we all have to remember that bus companies are not charities but are businesses, therefore this service can't have been making any money and that is likely to be the reason for the withdrawal.
They could have saved money by tightening the times up a bit and not having each bus during the night and on Sundays sitting at Aintree Station for nearly 30 minutes doing nothing but draining money away. They didn't even try to save the service.

Watched the 18:40 63 leave Bootle Strand four minutes late and it was running a few minutes early by the time that it got by Liverpool Freeport... Imagine what that's like for a two-hour trip! Like the 53A of a night, the evening 63 will drain any profit due to an extra bus being on it for no reason at all, which is down to poor planning.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Amazing! Within two weeks of the new 63 route commencing there is to be a timetable alteration. From the 25th (the day that Stagecoach cease 53A operation) Arriva's 63 service will operate much earlier (M-Sat) from Fazakerley to Bootle and additional later evening journeys will operate from Bootle as far as Netherton. I suspect that Arriva and Merseytravel have come to some financial arrangement. Never-the-less, this is good news and somebody needs to be congratulated for displaying some common sense. Details are available on the Merseytravel site.
Find all posts by this user
(16/01/2015 20:30)Barney Wrote:  Amazing! Within two weeks of the new 63 route commencing there is to be a timetable alteration. From the 25th (the day that Stagecoach cease 53A operation) Arriva's 63 service will operate much earlier (M-Sat) from Fazakerley to Bootle and additional later evening journeys will operate from Bootle as far as Netherton. I suspect that Arriva and Merseytravel have come to some financial arrangement. Never-the-less, this is good news and somebody needs to be congratulated for displaying some common sense. Details are available on the Merseytravel site.
This is a good move. I believe that they receive subsidy for serving the Chesterfield Road area in place of the 162. Perhaps they didn't want to run the short journeys whilst Stagecoach were still running their 53As. Shame that the early-morning and evening journey time is still an absolute joke though.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/01/2015 20:30)Barney Wrote:  Amazing! Within two weeks of the new 63 route commencing there is to be a timetable alteration. From the 25th (the day that Stagecoach cease 53A operation) Arriva's 63 service will operate much earlier (M-Sat) from Fazakerley to Bootle and additional later evening journeys will operate from Bootle as far as Netherton. I suspect that Arriva and Merseytravel have come to some financial arrangement. Never-the-less, this is good news and somebody needs to be congratulated for displaying some common sense. Details are available on the Merseytravel site.

Times from Fazakerley altered to operate ahead of Avon?
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)