Current time: 04/05/2024, 01:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

L E D Destinations
L E D Destinations
With most arriva northwest buses fitted with led destinations the amount of buses being withdrawn this year what going to happen with all of these destinations most or no less over 5 years
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: L E D Destinations
(25/01/2015 08:59)sth6168 Wrote:  With most arriva northwest buses fitted with led destinations the amount of buses being withdrawn this year what going to happen with all of these destinations most or no less over 5 years

I assume most are standard sizes so will probably be kept as spares, so new vehicles will be ordered without new LEDs so the 'old' ones can be put in instead? That's just a thought- seems pointless paying for something that you have an abundance of.
(25/01/2015 10:38)Enviro400 Wrote:  I assume most are standard sizes so will probably be kept as spares, so new vehicles will be ordered without new LEDs so the 'old' ones can be put in instead? That's just a thought- seems pointless paying for something that you have an abundance of.

They'll have some spares but new buses will be ordered with brand new LED's that are newer models. Most of the examples currently fitted in most fleets as fitted from 2005 are over ten years old and very outdated. They'll end up in the scrapyard or recycled to made new electrical components.

Why keep Windows 95 when you can have windows 8.1?
Are we Sticking with Orange LED's in England as Australia is starting to introduce a lot of White LED's including on my favourite buses the Volgren Optimus B7RLE's with Brisbane

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(25/01/2015 22:35)SLTRegular Wrote:  Are we Sticking with Orange LED's in England as Australia is starting to introduce a lot of White LED's including on my favourite buses the Volgren Optimus B7RLE's with Brisbane

I've been spending time in the West Midlands recently and Arriva Shires have LED displays in all sorts of colours, including multi-colour. Personally I think it looks awful, is confusing and is a distraction to drivers, particularly at night. Personally I prefer the 'standard' orange LEDs with large format fonts, such as Arriva's '471 Heswall'- no nonsense, easy to read regardless of time of day, age or eyesight and isn't a distraction to drivers as it doesn't dominate sodium street lights at night. White LED displays may be better when we have predominently white LED streetlighting as the whole streetscene will be brighter and whiter.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)