Current time: 09/05/2024, 01:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pay Comparisson - Bus Drivers
RE: Pay Comparisson - Bus Drivers
(17/11/2014 07:46)Penny Return Wrote:  Arriva seem to pay the highest at £11:16,is this why thier minimum fare/s are higher
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/11/2014 07:46)Penny Return Wrote:  Arriva seem to pay the highest at £11:16,is this why thier minimum fare/s are higher

Why is it then , other companies have high fares lower wages then Arriva in other areas of the country. Down to profit and greed .
Can some of the pay rates be down to local settlements being different in the past , there is something similar on the railways as well.
Most areas have local agreements which is from previous companies before there buyouts which differs there pay and conditions.
Not sure what they pay but I know Arriva St Helens driver's are on more than their counterparts at Bolton Depot, a driver I know who transferred to St Helens over 2 years ago now from Bolton says he'll never move back to Bolton if he can help it as he's on more money
There are drivers in Rock Ferry and Chester still on Corpy contracts so their pay is lower than those on Stagecoach contracts. Same depot, same job, different pay.
(18/11/2014 08:54)Shaun821 Wrote:  There are drivers in Rock Ferry and Chester still on Corpy contracts so their pay is lower than those on Stagecoach contracts. Same depot, same job, different pay.
Sounds like a sign of the times to me,surely all drivers with one company if not all should be on the same
rate of pay with the bigger more profitable companies giving extra benefits

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(18/11/2014 10:21)Penny Return Wrote:  Sounds like a sign of the times to me,surely all drivers with one company if not all should be on the same
rate of pay with the bigger more profitable companies giving extra benefits

This is the era of the free market where an employer can negotiate rates of pay - usual downwards - with a prospective employee. Personally, I believe that increments should be paid for length of service, punctuality, sickness rates, accident rates etc. but most companies won't do this. Instead they complain about the difficulties of recruitment and retention of staff. Sadly, this policy applies in many places of work in Thatcher's/Cameron's Britain.
(18/11/2014 11:45)Barney Wrote:  This is the era of the free market where an employer can negotiate rates of pay - usual downwards - with a prospective employee. Personally, I believe that increments should be paid for length of service, punctuality, sickness rates, accident rates etc. but most companies won't do this. Instead they complain about the difficulties of recruitment and retention of staff. Sadly, this policy applies in many places of work in Thatcher's/Cameron's Britain.

But unfortunately things were no better in Blair/Brown Britain, personally I think things declined more rapidly under Tony Blair. Its a shame how thing have declined to the point where your better off not working in some cases.
(18/11/2014 19:58)LJ51DCX Wrote:  But unfortunately things were no better in Blair/Brown Britain, personally I think things declined more rapidly under Tony Blair. Its a shame how thing have declined to the point where your better off not working in some cases.

Correct,very little difference between the big two,blair is a bigger tory than thatcher was,no wonder
ukip are gaining ground people are sick of the same old garbage

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)