Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Network Rail
Network Rail
NR are to take over the running of yards from dbs freightliner gbrf

this will most likely be the beginning of the end for dbs in this country

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Network Rail
(12/11/2014 17:05)Penny Return Wrote:  NR are to take over the running of yards from dbs freightliner gbrf

this will most likely be the beginning of the end for dbs in this country

A bold statement considering that they own Arriva and Chiltern. I assume that you are talking about the former EWS company. Again a bold statement as in the past year they have picked up the J G Russell contract from DRS and London Gateway for starters.
The yards takeover by NR will stop the situation were DBS blocked the use of yards by competing companies as happened at both Arpley and Dollands Moor to my knowledge.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(12/11/2014 23:43)childwallblues Wrote:  A bold statement considering that they own Arriva and Chiltern. I assume that you are talking about the former EWS company. Again a bold statement as in the past year they have picked up the J G Russell contract from DRS and London Gateway for starters.
The yards takeover by NR will stop the situation were DBS blocked the use of yards by competing companies as happened at both Arpley and Dollands Moor to my knowledge.

Hello Dave
Yes I meant the freight side of dbs although they have won back a few flows all indications
points to them being taken over by one or more of the other operators and thier 66 fleet is
aging this could be a big factor

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(13/11/2014 09:02)Penny Return Wrote:  Hello Dave
Yes I meant the freight side of dbs although they have won back a few flows all indications
points to them being taken over by one or more of the other operators and thier 66 fleet is
aging this could be a big factor

I don't think that the Germans are ready to quit just. The re-instatement of Class 90s after years out of service is a strange decision.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Here we go again with industrial action by the RMT trade union.

As it stands there will be a 24hr strike from 1700hrs 4th June 2015

and also

a 48hr strike from 1700hrs 9th June 2015.

As with the last time there is a chance that this industrial action may not take place if a settlement is reached in the meantime .
(28/05/2015 18:50)wirralbus Wrote:  Here we go again with industrial action by the RMT trade union.

As it stands there will be a 24hr strike from 1700hrs 4th June 2015

and also

a 48hr strike from 1700hrs 9th June 2015.

As with the last time there is a chance that this industrial action may not take place if a settlement is reached in the meantime .

The strike has been suspended following 4 days of talks and a revised pay offer.
They offered 2% backdated to January 2015 and RPI (as at November 2015) for 2016.
The line between Dover Priory and Folkestone Central will remain closed due to sea wall damage and subsequent voiding until DECEMBER 2016.

This winter took its toll on Network Rail infrastructure , the line between Carlisle and Appleby still remains closed and they have not set a possible date for that to be reopened yet.

Network rail have to be commended for how they dealt with the flooding in the Carlisle area and the bridge damage at Lamington in Lanarkshire which was only minutes away by the sounds of it from being washed down stream .
Chorley station will be "upgraded" as the route is electrified in a £1bn scheme to improve journeys in northern England, Network Rail said.
From 18 June to 2 October, the line between Preston and Bolton will be closed every weekend with bus replacement services in operation.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lan...e-36249368

A Network Rail spokeswoman said 'it will improve services by giving passengers more seats, faster and more frequent services'.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
97302 has been released back into traffic following overhaul and repaint and has been named “Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways”.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)