Current time: 08/05/2024, 21:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas Services
RE: Christmas services
I notice the NWVRT are operating the 80D Mann Island to Garston service on Boxing Day using heritage buses.

The service may be free, but it's nice to stick a few quid in the donation bucket as diesel ain't cheap these days (not to mention the hard work and dedication of keeping these classics roadworthy).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
But still getting on for twice the price of a decade ago.

SD.
Even without FDR, which of course the NWVRT won't get, it was around 70p a litre a decade ago, now around £1.20 a litre, so still a good deal more!

SD.
That then gets into the realms of needing an operators licence.

Fair point about the fuel, I've a pic of a Merseybus Titan passing a petrol station and diesel is 71.9, the photo was taken in 1999, so more like 15 years ago! Time flies!

SD.
The details of the Christmas day bus services have now been finalised and are up on Merseytravels website. Stagecoach will be operating them.
Route 80D: Liverpool - Garston (Boxing Day) FREE service operated by NWVRT
This service will be operated by heritage vehicles, so they won’t be fully accessible. A few suprises will be out this year and no im not giving any details
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Christmas Day:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/promotion...0buses.pdf

New Years Day:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/promotion...0buses.pdf

Yet again on New Years Day South Liverpool and Maghull get an all day service while either have nothing or early evening finish.
I do wonder about them services in South Liverpool and Maghull what the logic is for them services to operate all day .
(21/11/2014 15:02)wirralbus Wrote:  I do wonder about them services in South Liverpool and Maghull what the logic is for them services to operate all day .

The services in question are tendered services that connect with Northern line trains at Maghull and LSP. I assume that when the contracts were awarded it was stipulated that they would run whenever the trains did. If they didn't run I suspect that very few passengers in these areas would use the trains if it meant a two mile walk home from Maghull station or LSP. It's not ideal but I suppose it's better than nothing - if you live in along these bus routes, of course.
(21/11/2014 16:52)Barney Wrote:  The services in question are tendered services that connect with Northern line trains at Maghull and LSP. I assume that when the contracts were awarded it was stipulated that they would run whenever the trains did. If they didn't run I suspect that very few passengers in these areas would use the trains if it meant a two mile walk home from Maghull station or LSP. It's not ideal but I suppose it's better than nothing - if you live in along these bus routes, of course.

There are other rail stations on Merseyside which normally see tendered services Evenings & Sundays but aren't served. St Helens Junction for example, is completely without buses on New Years Day. Not good when it is the town's main link for trains to/from Manchester.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)