Current time: 19/05/2024, 00:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run
RE: Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run
Services in St. Helens were best (although not perfect) when they were run by St. Helens Corporation, and it is a pity that they are not still run by them. When they were forced into Merseyside, and Merseybus, the immediate effect was to increase fares to "Liverpool" levels, with no improvement in services. Since deregulation, many services have got worse. Near where I live, the last bus from St. Helens was about 23:25 - it is now 17:50 (Service 37). Sunday & Bank Holiday services have disappeared. Frequencies have declined steadily, and for those without passes, fares have increases much faster than inflation.

Journey times have worsened, although that is due to councils rather than the bus companies, with menaces such as road humps, far too many traffic lights, etc.

Whilst I would like a return to the pre-1974 status, the thought of Mayor Anderson & Liverpool Council running everything seems a potential nightmare to me. (And I dread the possibility of him governing St. Helens via a Liverpool Regional Council)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run - Bevan Price - 30/10/2014 20:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)