Current time: 01/05/2024, 16:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More New Buses for Stagecoach?
More New Buses for Stagecoach?
I see the UK-BUSES Stagecoach fleetlist site is listing fleetnumbers 27187-27203 as due for Cwmbran & 27204-27208 as unallocated (All Enviro 300), these are over and above previously published order numbers.
I Know that Stagecoach order 'follow-on batches', should I take this info with a 'pinch of salt' or does anyone have any more info?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: More New Buses for Stagecoach?
My guess is that Stagecoach may have ordered these 30 Enviro300s indirectly to allow for the takeover of JPT services. In practice some Enviro200s have been diverted to Stockport, releasing earlier ones to Middleton, and a few familiar buses have been drafted in from elsewhere within Stagecoach.
With Arriva STH ordering deckers for the 10/10A, Do you think Stagecoach will follow suite?.

My Fleet:
780 - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 - MX12 DYU - ACE Travel
4488 - Wright Gemini 2 - CX61 CDY - Arriva Crymu Coastliner
27717 - Alexander Dennis Enviro300 - PO11 BCV - Stagecoach M,side
4510 - Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 Hybrid - MX13 AEM - Arriva B,Head
5001 - Caetano City Gold Hydro - MX62 KSZ - Arriva Runcorn
189 - Mercedes Benz Sprinter City 45 - BF62 JZU - HTL
3055 - Wright Pulsar 2 - MX13 ANR - Arriva Green Lane

Would a full 10/10A service of dopuble deckers from both companies be a bit of Overkill. You would get the sort of 79 bunching where one vehicle gets reasonably well used and the rest just Donughting behind ( A drivers pet hate if your the lead vehicle) .
I actually think that every other bus should be a decker on 10/10A would suffice rather than wall to wall deckers. However not sure exactly how easy that would be to implement between the two companies.
Will be interesting to see if Stagecoach do bring Deckers in for the 10A once Arriva's arrive in January although Arriva have had deckers in South Liverpool for a while now and apart from the 86C, Stagecoach haven't responded with similar sized vehicles.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)