Current time: 18/04/2024, 02:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

V-DJC Darts
RE: V-DJC Darts
(28/08/2016 11:00)DK09 GXY Wrote:  Random question but does anyone know why 2359 was registered V580 ECC rather than V589 DJC?

Think it was involved in an RTA.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/08/2016 17:12)gka472l Wrote:  Think it was involved in an RTA.....

How would an RTA affect it's plates? A car or a van wouldn't get the same treatment would it was in a RTA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/08/2016 19:18)RedPanda Wrote:  How would an RTA affect it's plates? A car or a van wouldn't get the same treatment would it was in a RTA

I know of at least two or three examples where a bus has been re-registered after an accident
(28/08/2016 19:18)RedPanda Wrote:  How would an RTA affect it's plates? A car or a van wouldn't get the same treatment would it was in a RTA

Orignal Reg was V589DJC but it was changed after been in a fatal accident most companies were possible will remove them to other depots,

Birkenhead also changed the reg on a DAF SB220/Ikarus Citibus after been in a number accidents one been a fatal some times it is done at the request of the familys or staff,

British Rail also renumbered a loco after a fatal
[u][undefined=undefined]
(28/08/2016 19:45)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I know of at least two or three examples where a bus has been re-registered after an accident

I seem to recall it was involved in a fatal accident involving a child whilst still in the Flintshire Linxx livery for route 10 and was re-reregistered before returning back to use.
(28/08/2016 20:02)trixmax2000 Wrote:  British Rail also renumbered a loco after a fatal

If you mean 47299, they actually renumbered it two years before the fatal accident - ostensibly in a vain effort to prevent it!

The story goes that a psychic contacted BR saying that she'd had recurring visions of a fatal train crash involving a blue loco numbered 47216 hauling oil tankers. In 1981, BR renumbered 47216 to 47299; no alternative explanation for the renumbering was ever given. Two years later, 47299, hauling oil tankers, was involved in a fatal crash in Lincolnshire.

Sorry for going O/T here but I do think it's an interesting and curious story.

A more recent example was 91023, which was renumbered to 91132 after two fatal crashes (Hatfield and Great Heck), but that of course wasn't BR.
(28/08/2016 20:02)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Orignal Reg was V589DJC but it was changed after been in a fatal accident most companies were possible will remove them to other depots,

Birkenhead also changed the reg on a DAF SB220/Ikarus Citibus after been in a number accidents one been a fatal some times it is done at the request of the familys or staff,
Makes more sense now. I had 2710/20/30 and their registrations, how they are so similar to the mylleniums
(29/08/2016 17:34)Quackdave Wrote:  Sorry for going O/T here but I do think it's an interesting and curious story.
Very interesting indeed
(29/08/2016 18:42)RedPanda Wrote:  Makes more sense now. I had 2710/20/30 and their registrations, how they are so similar to the mylleniums

2710/20/30 have different registrations because at the time they were delivered registrations ending in "0" such as 710, 720 and 730 were not (or at least rarely) issued

It's the same as sequential combinations like "456" (which is why 2456 is registered differently)
SDC589 was involved in a fatal incident on Mold Rd some years back.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)