Current time: 21/05/2024, 04:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The X-ANC/HJA/OBN Dennis Darts
RE: The X-ANC/HJA/OBN Dennis Darts
(22/01/2016 17:41)T42 PVM Wrote:  Its a shame as that was the best of the Darts by a long way

2211 was as good as a commander, well to ride on anyway
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/01/2016 17:41)T42 PVM Wrote:  Its a shame as that was the best of the Darts by a long way

It is a shame to see 2211 scrapped because it was a really decent example and certainly one of - if not the best - of the X-reg Plaxton Pointer IIs. It looked very original with its roller blinds too which I thought was an interesting feature that made 2211 quite unique. I don't think there were many others in this batch that were still in the original livery and also retained roller blinds upon withdrawal. The only one I can think of other than 2211 was 2201 at Green Lane

It's like 2425 though - it was the last DAF Cadet at St Helens to be withdrawn but it was the first of the entire batch to go for scrap
Find all posts by this user
Didn't 2227 get withdrawn with roller blinds and in original livery
Yes I think 2227 was one that was withdrawn with rollers. As for these buses going, well I don't think I am sorry to see any go.
I think 2212 was also in the Old Livery and had roller blinds, Motor Mayhem will know since he was the last person to drive it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(22/01/2016 18:11)T42 PVM Wrote:  I think 2212 was also in the Old Livery and had roller blinds, Motor Mayhem will know since he was the last person to drive it
2214 I seem to remember being original with a dodgy desty board
Boards were changed at some point I've found a picture of it leaving St. Helens on 38
(22/01/2016 20:11)Dentonian Wrote:  I saw two Arriva Darts on the M60 a/c, justc west of Sharston around 1130 this morning, and was about to assume these were 2215/6. However, if they were coming from Liverpool, wouldn't they have joined the M60 from the M62 slightly further East? The location of my sighting would have made more sense coming off the M56.

Could have been any combination of 2208, 2233, 2253, 2257, 2258 from Chester or perhaps 2207 or 2262 from Runcorn in that case.
(22/01/2016 20:11)Dentonian Wrote:  I saw two Arriva Darts on the M60 a/c, justc west of Sharston around 1130 this morning, and was about to assume these were 2215/6. However, if they were coming from Liverpool, wouldn't they have joined the M60 from the M62 slightly further East? The location of my sighting would have made more sense coming off the M56.

Can you remember what livery they were in? 2215/6 were both in the old livery and they had both been stripped for spare parts
(23/01/2016 16:08)Dentonian Wrote:  They were in the old livery, but based on a glimpse of offside and rear of each, looked pretty much in tact.

I'd say they were 2215 and 2216 in that case. When I say stripped they hadn't a large amount of parts removed - I think those two examples only had a few parts removed (such as light units) so they were largely in tact compared to other examples that have gone for scrap. Even so I can't say that I'm sad to see either of those go for scrap as they were both poor examples
2257 also in old livery at Chester was in good-ish condition when I last seen it 3 months ago

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)