Current time: 28/03/2024, 09:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rotala - Prestonbus
RE: Rotala - Prestonbus
The number of PrestonBus double deckers (Olympians & Tridents) parked up at Walton-le-Dale Park & Ride had increased to 15 by late afternoon. They were parked side-by-side quite tightly.

Football related?? (Though the PB depot is over the road from PNE isn't it??)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Would this not be due to christmas shopping traffic, and the possible delays due to road congestion, requiring extra vehicles on standby to cover late running buses on the route 1?
Don't think so Robert, the 15 DD's were parked up in the unused part of the car park (where the locked gates are - accessed via the retail park).
Considering it was the last Saturday before Christmas, the P&R wasn't THAT busy. It's bizarre how quiet it is on the high street!
As this thread has been quiet this year, I was wondering whether PrestonBus have had any acquisitions or refurbishments this year? I may be fitting a trip to Preston before the year end. Any info will be welcome, thanks!
Six double deckers have been acquired from elsewhere to operate new school contracts in Blackpool, and two minibuses have been acquired for temporary college duplicates on route 19.
Whether anyone can answer this for me, or not, but here goes:

Are the Hybrids rare on any route? As both today, and yesterday, I've noticed 40606 on both the 8, and the 31A.

I thought that the Hybrids were for the 23, and on Sundays, the 23/35?

Also, there seems to be a lot more Hybrid Versas on the 35 than the last time I was up here, as both today and yesterday, I've noticed at least one on there, whereas, last time I was up here, it used to be exclusively double decker operated?

Cheers for any assistance on the matter
More Citaros are due soon atleast 3 are due

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(08/10/2015 10:13)SLTRegular Wrote:  More Citaros are due soon atleast 3 are due

These will be from YourBus in Derby, once they have been repainted at Long Acre in Birmingham.

3002 (BT11 UWG)
3003 (BT11 UWH)
3009 (BT11 UWO)
the citaros are now confirmed for the 16 and are being route branded for it

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Bit of a random one but is G215 KRN still used?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)