Current time: 16/04/2024, 23:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rotala - Prestonbus
RE: Rotala - Prestonbus
(02/11/2012 23:38)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Went today, saw more deckers than usual interestingly H103BFR was still in use and appears to have had the front radiator panel rebuilt slightly, not sure why?

Also saw two Leyland bodied Olympians including the ex Leyland Demo example and another in Guild livery. Despite this also saw an ex Stagecoach ALX bodied Trident and an ex Lothian President bodied Trident, so it appears that any intent to get rid of the older examples hasn't yet filtered through, perhaps though the 4 x Volvo B5LH/Wright Eclipse Gemini II's Hybrids due shortly might see some of these out.

Also saw the former Wright Streetlite demonstrator working as a private with its Northern Irish plate.

The Geminis have arrived looking really smart Smile here are the photos:

Credit Gregg Collins

Here

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
And very nice they look too; The Gemini's that is. Another querry here is that i've come accross an Internet Fleetlist that suggests the former Birmingham Busways Trident/President Y 2NBB has arrived here, can anyone confirm that it is here because i've not previously come accross any knowledge of this being here and neither have I seen it here?

Also how many ex-Stagecoach London ALX400 Tridents are here as the same list suggest two, but other lists i've seen have suggested rather more, but some being under conversion from dual-door to single-door?
There are only 2 ex-Stagecoach London tridents at Preston, X385/8NNO.

Y2NBB could well be at Preston, but its hard to say as photos of it are thin on the ground. I would trust the fleetlist on freewebs.com/nwbus though, as that is definitely updated with info straight from Preston Bys.
A lucky find in Preston Bus Station yesterday afternoon presumably on test was Volvo B5LH Wright Eclipse Gemini II on trade plates 120 CK and not numbered and without decals, but with Legal lettering applied. My guess is service after Christmas for these.
Y2NBB did not turn up with Preston Bus
Acording to a friend of mine who drives for Prestonbus he told me that these Geminis are due out sometime in January and from what I could gather after he drove the one that was in Prestonbus Station the other day he was quite impressed with it
Looks like the new buses are working route 23 as I saw three of them on that route today
Forgot to mention i noticed preston bus delta training bus in warrington yeasterday in winwick rd.
perhaps slightly off topic, but passed a blue diamond (also a Rotala fleet) W DNO Dart heading north on M6 at Tebay around 1915 today (Thursday).
Do any of the Olympians work on a Saturday?also apart from route 23 which other routes are worked mostly with double deckers and which route never has deckers

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)