Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel - 30 Year Plan
RE: Merseytravel - 30 Year Plan
I think the second Virgin service per hour should be an extension of one of the 3 per hour Manchesters and call at St Helens Junction thus relieving the congestion from the 1 train at Lime Street and giving St Helens a direct link to London.

I do wonder if given what's happened recently in Newcastle and Birmingham, we will see Merseyrail nationalised/taken back in house - it does appear to be a trend at the moment and the authorities concerned are stating it is more cost effective.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I am also wondering whether it maybe the second service maybe an extra service to London Euston (direct) for Warrington Bank Quay.
Interesting as i thought the 2nd London Service was going to be London Midland so am glad i asked the question, I really cant understand why the Carr Mill station is not being built yet as the population has gone way up since the last station closed

Has there been any mention of the Bootle Freight line going back to passenger use? This is the one thing i dont think will happen as apparently Freight is soon going to be on the rise through there

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It then also enables Warrington Bank Quay to have two Trent Valley london services an hour rather than the one at present , the other being a service via Birmingham which takes considerably longer , with the second service the question would be which stations the service calls after Warrington as i dont think the service would also be feasible as a non stop service. But we are digressing as such from the subject in place .
It has been said that the former Glenburn School and College is the preferred site for a transport hub in Skelmersdale for both trains and buses.
Do you actually see there ever being a railway presence in Skelmersdale , or is it just window dressing in this report.
Dated October 2017 this is an update on the Merseytravel 30 year plan:

http://moderngov.merseytravel.uk.net/doc...rategy.pdf

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
I can definitely see the station at Headbolt Lane happening , unless Merseytravel do take an option out on more units then i can not some of the extensions taking place.

Liverpool Central Northern Line Expansion is going to be very disruptive when it happens eventually as the two existing platforms especially on a Saturday afternoon can get very congested with passengers.
Reading between the lines it also seems Merseytravel are giving up on operating Passenger Services on the Bootle Branch Line as the Stations they put down to build on the line are in the Performed Less Well section meaning they dont think that many people would use them.

(30/06/2018 08:38)T42 PVM Wrote:  Reading between the lines it also seems Merseytravel are giving up on operating Passenger Services on the Bootle Branch Line as the Stations they put down to build on the line are in the Performed Less Well section meaning they dont think that many people would use them.

I think that the performance of Stagecoach in North Liverpool has changed the dynamic in that part of the world now

You also have to look back to where those services would start is there platform capacity even after the works at Liverpool Lime Street for them.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)