Current time: 01/05/2024, 20:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Rallies, Running Days & Events
RE: Bus Rallies & Events
(05/08/2012 16:14)W179 SCU Wrote:  Is anyone going to the Seaburn Rally or the Eden thing?

Tony, do you know if a Stockton vehicle will be attending?

The Eden rally was back in June. I will be attending Seaburn with the 500 Group.

As for a Stagecoach vehicle from any depot, not a chance I'm afraid. The guys who normally bring buses from Walkergate and South Shields (as well as the one driver from Stockton that could) are down in London on Paralympic work when Seaburn takes place. And the Stockton Manager who took 24107 to South Shields Fun Day left Stockton on Friday to take up his new post at Oxford from tomorrow.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/08/2012 16:18)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 16:14)W179 SCU Wrote:  Is anyone going to the Seaburn Rally or the Eden thing?

The Eden rally was back in June. I will be attending Seaburn with the 500 Group.

As for a Stagecoach vehicle from any depot, not a chance I'm afraid. The guys who normally bring buses from Walkergate and South Shields (as well as the one driver from Stockton that could) are down in London on Paralympic work when Seaburn takes place. And the Stockton Manager who took 24107 to South Shields Fun Day left Stockton on Friday to take up his new post at Oxford from tomorrow.

Oh - what a shame.

And I mean the visit to eden or something like that!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
(05/08/2012 16:32)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 16:18)kuyoyo Wrote:  

Oh - what a shame.

No such visit that I know of. There's now just the Seaburn Rally left in the North East Calander for 2012, next one after that is the 500 Group Teesside Running Day in April.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(05/08/2012 17:09)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 16:32)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 16:18)kuyoyo Wrote:  The Eden rally was back in June. I will be attending Seaburn with the 500 Group.

Oh - what a shame.

No such visit that I know of. There's now just the Seaburn Rally left in the North East Calander for 2012, next one after that is the 500 Group Teesside Running Day in April.

http://www.nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?page=3&event=351

Smile Thanks,

(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(05/08/2012 17:15)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 17:09)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 16:32)W179 SCU Wrote:  Oh - what a shame.

http://www.nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?page=3&event=351

That will be a Members-only event, much like the 500 Group do an annual depot visit and a 'Bashing' day.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
RE: Bus Rallies, Running Days & Events
For all our NE based members, don't forget the Seaburn Rally is taking place on this Monday (27th August) The weather doesn't look very promising, but I am still attending Smile

Smile Thanks,

(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(25/08/2012 22:33)W179 SCU Wrote:  For all our NE based members, don't forget the Seaburn Rally is taking place on this Monday (27th August) The weather doesn't look very promising, but I am still attending Smile

I'm no longer able to attend (problems with my transport from home to Stagecoach's Stockton depot to go up with the 500 Group). I doubt though it will be on given today's events - if the pitch at the Stadium of Light was waterlogged, then the field at Seaburn will be a bog.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(25/08/2012 22:43)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(25/08/2012 22:33)W179 SCU Wrote:  For all our NE based members, don't forget the Seaburn Rally is taking place on this Monday (27th August) The weather doesn't look very promising, but I am still attending Smile

I'm no longer able to attend (problems with my transport from home to Stagecoach's Stockton depot to go up with the 500 Group). I doubt though it will be on given today's events - if the pitch at the Stadium of Light was waterlogged, then the field at Seaburn will be a bog.

Yeah - I heard the Sunderland v Reading game was postponed! - Can you think of any where else it could be based?

Smile Thanks,

(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(25/08/2012 22:47)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(25/08/2012 22:43)kuyoyo Wrote:  

Yeah - I heard the Sunderland v Reading game was postponed! - Can you think of any where else it could be based?

Nope, nowhere else in Seaburn hard-standing wise that could hold it. If the field is boggy then that's the rally cancelled. I doubt they want a repeat of last year (the E400H became stuck in the mud).

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(25/08/2012 22:55)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(25/08/2012 22:47)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(25/08/2012 22:43)kuyoyo Wrote:  I'm no longer able to attend (problems with my transport from home to Stagecoach's Stockton depot to go up with the 500 Group). I doubt though it will be on given today's events - if the pitch at the Stadium of Light was waterlogged, then the field at Seaburn will be a bog.

Nope, nowhere else in Seaburn hard-standing wise that could hold it. If the field is boggy then that's the rally cancelled. I doubt they want a repeat of last year (the E400H became stuck in the mud).

Oh well - We'll just have to wait and see!

Smile Thanks,

(Updated often)

Was SPD17

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)