Current time: 01/05/2024, 22:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Rallies, Running Days & Events
RE: Bus Rallies & Events
I am most certainly going since its only an 8 minute bus ride for me of course so should be interesting. I have a feeling this Durham Rally may be better than previous examples if Stagecoach are attending as I don't think they have before when I've gone to them.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'm definately attending, even if it means another early start like Bishop Auckland, catch the 0853 X1 from North Tees Hospital Road Ends and then most likely one of the Shuttles to the Park & Ride (with the attending vehicles being used of course).

Hopefully I can bring more details about Stagecoach's attendance (from Stockton at least, South Shields and Walkergate is almost certain to be coming along).

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
the peak rail gathering is this sunday,they hope to have about 20 buses working services
Find all posts by this user
Update regarding Durham on Sunday.

Unfortunaly, there will now be no Stagecoach on Teesside vehicle attending. This maybe due to the fact the Olympic Flame is on Teesside for most of the day and there's expectation that duplicate runs maybe operating.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
I missed the rally today - Was it good?, what buses were there?

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Totally Transport in Blackpool tomorrow, fingers crossed weather doesn't spoil what promises to be a great day!
Some pictures from Totally Transport:

http://busestractionengines.blogspot.co....sport.html

Credit: Buses, Trains, Tractions Engines & Tram Blogspot.

I thought this year's event seemed a lot smaller with no vehicles south of Solaris, which was a bit of a disappointment. Although today did give me the chance to sample the new Seafront 12 service which I definitely enjoyed.
It was a good route that Ste. Quite impressed with the Routemasters with Dart engines as well as the lambrini Open Top Metrobus. did seem small comed to previous events
The event used to stretch from the south end of the Pleasure Beach right down the Starr Gate, so it's definitely been smaller this year.

One other good feature at Totally Transport this year was the Selnec Preservation Exhibition Vehicle, which had photos and factsheets downstairs and a DVD playing upstairs. The DVD included footage of the vehicles with a soundtrack of some great Northern Soul tunes - nice touch. It is highly likely that Northern Soul clubbers of the time would have probably used some of the vehicles in their colection to get to/from the all nighters.
Some more photos of the Totally Transport event on Northern Transport Photos.

Although the event was slightly smaller this year it was still a thoroughly enjoyable day, presumably if the weather had been better there would have been a few extra vehicles and more trade stalls.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)