Current time: 01/05/2024, 15:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Rallies, Running Days & Events
RE: Bus Rallies, Running Days & Events
I am now able to attend Seaburn (the problem with the car is apparently not as bad as we thought it was last night). Now it's just a case of waiting to hear if it's going ahead or not. All depends really on whether the sun has been out there today to dry the field.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/08/2012 14:47)kuyoyo Wrote:  I am now able to attend Seaburn (the problem with the car is apparently not as bad as we thought it was last night). Now it's just a case of waiting to hear if it's going ahead or not. All depends really on whether the sun has been out there today to dry the field.

I thought it would rain today, but it didn't and the sun is out! So maybe there is a glimmer of hope...

I have looked again on the NEBPT website and nothing has been mentioned!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
For the North East members, tomorrow is the Teesside Running Day. A total of 22 vehicles were due to attend but a number have since dropped out due to issue.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Does anyone have any info/ideas about what buses will attend the Metrocentre rally?

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
(21/04/2013 20:16)W179 SCU Wrote:  Does anyone have any info/ideas about what buses will attend the Metrocentre rally?

The 500 Group should be attending with L544, plus the Cumberland Leyland Olympian is attending. I understand Arriva are planning to make their presences felt this year with a number of buses attending, I understand Darlington are proposing sending an EcoCity and a Solo, Durham are said to be bring a Gemini and Blyth might possiably be sending a B5LH. Stagecoach might also be attending with a representive from Stockton depot, I won't know until the day due to me being away from Thursday morning until Saturday night.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
NWVRT's Sefton Running Day takes place on Monday 6th May
(29/04/2013 22:28)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(21/04/2013 20:16)W179 SCU Wrote:  Does anyone have any info/ideas about what buses will attend the Metrocentre rally?

The 500 Group should be attending with L544, plus the Cumberland Leyland Olympian is attending. I understand Arriva are planning to make their presences felt this year with a number of buses attending, I understand Darlington are proposing sending an EcoCity and a Solo, Durham are said to be bring a Gemini and Blyth might possiably be sending a B5LH. Stagecoach might also be attending with a representive from Stockton depot, I won't know until the day due to me being away from Thursday morning until Saturday night.

I wouldnt put my bets on with Arriva attending as they stated they would attend the ones last year and they didnt bother!

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
(01/05/2013 22:20)NK07 FZG Wrote:  
(29/04/2013 22:28)kuyoyo Wrote:  

I wouldnt put my bets on with Arriva attending as they stated they would attend the ones last year and they didnt bother!

They are definately attending this year, I have had word from one of the drivers taking the buses. Can confirm the fourth bus attending is a Solo from Darlington.
But I can confirm that the 500 Group, while attending as members and with their stall, will not be attending with one of their vehicles due to the window issue with L544 and complains from the members that their other vehicle (99) is too cold.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
North West Vehicle Restoration Trust Annual running day - Sunday 2nd June 2013

Based at our depot in Charleywood Road Kirkby Liverpool L33 7SG

Depot will be open from 10am , with NWVRT & Visiting vehicles both old and new on display.
Visiting Sales stands undercover in the depot.
On street parking is available within 5 minutes walk of the depot.
(we would suggest Lees Road (past Charleywood Road) or Gores Road at the back of the depot as there are no Yellow Line parking restrictions there.)
Sorry no onsite visitors car parking available

Visiting vehicles & sales stands should be pre booked due to limited space , drop an email to info@nwvrt.co.uk to book a space

The famous Pats Cafe in Charleywood Road will again be opening to supply quality food at reasonable prices to our visitors from around 8am to 2pm. The overflow dining area outside will be provided by an interesting vehicle!

This year the bus stop outside Pats Cafe will be the departure point for our selection of bus routes.:-

Links available from Liverpool City Centre stop Outside St Georges Hall Lime Street Opposite Lime Street station to our Kirkby base
Vehicles to look out for operating this service Will be National Express leopard XGS771X, GM Leopard 81 & Ribble Tiger 900.
via Route 544 or 761 at 1000/1030 and hourly from 1115 until 1615 ... returning to the City Centre from Kirkby at 1041 and hourly until 1641 then 1711 and 1741.

Bus services will be operated on the following routes :-
90 Kirkby -Knowsley Village - Prescot (every 15 minutes)
97 Kirkby -Knowsley Village - Page Moss (hourly)*
(Most vehicles will pass at Knowsley Village hall)

98 Kirkby - Gillmoss - Page Moss (Hourly)*

*Route 97 buses will continue as a 98 from Page Moss to Kirkby
*Route 98 buses will continue as a 97 from Page Moss to Kirkby

96 Kirkby to Kirkby Station to connect with Merseyrail
From Charleywood Rd at 1000 and every 30minutes until 1730

Returning from Kirkby Station at 1015 and every 30 minutes until 1745.

Every effort will be made to run the Timetable as advertised , but we cant be held responsible for non operated services or missed connections.

The Open Day booklet is now available . To order a copy in advance cost is £4.00 (£3.00 plus £1.00) postage. this should be made as a donation to our paypal account info@nwvrt.co.uk quoting "Running day booklet " . This will contain details of the specific vehicles operating services , so you can plan your day in advance . (subject to vehicle availability).

This post will be updated with further information up to the event day.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)