Current time: 03/05/2024, 19:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail tickets on the Stagecoach X2
Merseyrail tickets on the Stagecoach X2
According to the Merseyrail Northern Line timetable booklet, Merseyrail return tickets can also be used on the Stagecoach X2. But, there is no mention of this at all on the Stagecoach X2 timetable. Anyone know what the story is?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Merseyrail tickets on the Stagecoach X2
(22/05/2014 20:33)robertclark125 Wrote:  According to the Merseyrail Northern Line timetable booklet, Merseyrail return tickets can also be used on the Stagecoach X2. But, there is no mention of this at all on the Stagecoach X2 timetable. Anyone know what the story is?

I think it refers to the agreement with Virgin trains to accept rail tickets between Preston and Southport on service 2X. This has been the case for some years now though it's the first mention i've seen on Merseyrail publicity.

Preston - Southport is one of the rail-bus links that Virgin trains put in place when they first took over running the WCML rail franchise. It's also one of the few left now, & none of the links now have dedicated vehicles like they did originally.
(22/05/2014 20:40)polarbear Wrote:  I think it refers to the agreement with Virgin trains to accept rail tickets between Preston and Southport on service 2X. This has been the case for some years now though it's the first mention i've seen on Merseyrail publicity.

Preston - Southport is one of the rail-bus links that Virgin trains put in place when they first took over running the WCML rail franchise. It's also one of the few left now, & none of the links now have dedicated vehicles like they did originally.

It's been mentioned on the northern line timetable pages for years.
You can travel to Preston by rail on the northern line to southport then continuing your journey via southport on the 2x to Preston or vice versa.
If you live in the top part of the northern line, it saves travelling all the way to liverpool or ormskirk and out again.
Timetable booklet says that valid rail tickets are accepted on the 2X from Southport to Preston. I would guess it's an alternative option for anyone along the Merseyrail Northern line to travel to Preston without having to travel down to Liverpool Lime Street.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...202014.pdf
If bought a Megarider plus on a Wirral service will I be able to use it to get to Blackpool using X2 from Liverpool to Preston and then use it on Stagecoaches 68 from Preston to Blackpool?

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/05/2014 11:46)busdude Wrote:  If bought a Megarider plus on a Wirral service will I be able to use it to get to Blackpool using X2 from Liverpool to Preston and then use it on Stagecoaches 68 from Preston to Blackpool?

I think you'd need the megarider gold for that? Correct me if I'm wrong

I am no longer active on this forum.
(23/05/2014 13:44)R879 HRF Wrote:  I think you'd need the megarider gold for that? Correct me if I'm wrong

Yes, that's right! :-)

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/05/2014 11:46)busdude Wrote:  If bought a Megarider plus on a Wirral service will I be able to use it to get to Blackpool using X2 from Liverpool to Preston and then use it on Stagecoaches 68 from Preston to Blackpool?

A Megarider Plus purchased on the Wirral will only get you to Southport (I suspect it will actually get you to the Merseyside boundary at Crossens). You would either need a NW day ticket at £10.50 or purchase a Lancashire Day rider from Southport onwards.
u can purchase lancashire day rider before southport i got one in crosby it covers u as far as liverpool

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)