Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Optare Metrodecker unveiled
Optare Metrodecker unveiled
Those windows look odd......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsb...n-bus.html

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Optare Metrodecker unveiled
Not sure what to make of that, those windows certainly look a bit strange, think I would have to see one in front of me before I could make my mind up about it.
The first words that came to mind were 'spectacularly ugly' but it might look better in the flesh. First impressions suggest the Enviro400 is by far the best looking of the Euro VI deckers so far from here.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Im intrigued with the look of that vehicle , it doesnt look entirely hideous , those windows at the side do look strange , but they could grow on you .
To be honest, with it being Optare it is never going to look completely normal, most, if not all of their vehicles look a bit odd at first in my opinion. You only have to look at the present solo's, they are odd looking things, again just my opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f5iST_9eTY

My first impression is it looks good although i think the Solo SR design would have looked nicer at the front rather than this TempoSR/MetroCity style design. At least they never made a Versa style front Laugh
(21/05/2014 16:28)507009 Wrote:  The first words that came to mind were 'spectacularly ugly' but it might look better in the flesh. First impressions suggest the Enviro400 is by far the best looking of the Euro VI deckers so far from here.

That's quite interesting, I prefer the Optare MetroDecker over the wretched Enviro400 MMC design.

Each to their own as they say!

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
In a weird way I do like this, much better than the Gemini3 or StreetDecker whatever it's called. The MetroCity/TempoSR design has been growing on me and it's interesting to see how it works on a double decker.

It does seem that both the MetroCity and this are concentrated on London though, with the MetroCity not yet available as a single door option so we'll see what happens with this.
Looks interesting nice to have something different. Wonder if Liverpool would get any in the long run? Would make a change from the seas of Pulsars Geminis Enviros and ALX400s.
Even then the scene in Liverpool will change slightly with the new Enviro400 design and the Pulsar being stopped but agreed!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)