Current time: 05/05/2024, 07:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
(05/11/2016 13:03)Redmikey Wrote:  The 130 has to be the worst of all Arriva's Sapphire services considering the Arriva promise of frequent and direct services. There is no departure from Manchester from 1612 to 1742, hardly a premium service. I know there are quicker trains from Manchester to Macclesfield and Wilmslow but the 130 serves many areas between Wilmslow and Parrs Wood that are not that close to a train and has the advantage of serving the University area, MRI etc.

Could more be done or have been done to improve the 130 or has the Sapphire brand failed on this route?

Sadly I think the only way the Manchester end of route would work would be if it was operated by stagecoach as a limited stop - like the old 150iirc. Competing against the 50 and the train leaves only scraps of unique passengers beyond East didsbury.

A well publicised flat fare of £1 beyond Parrs wood might have worked on the half hourly service but not now.

The people of Cheadle must be reeling in the reduction of their manchester services from 5 x hourly to 3 x hourly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - djb - 05/11/2016 14:18
Arriva - Wythenshawe. - John I - 14/05/2014, 22:06

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)