Current time: 04/05/2024, 20:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
(14/05/2016 09:35)Metroline1511 Wrote:  There was some speculation on the Arriva Green Lane thread that Arriva could divest Bolton and/or Wythenshawe.

I doubt that Arriva would divest Wythenshawe as they have just upgraded route 263 to Sapphire spec. As they appear to operate just commercial services, having ceased local routes in Altrincham like the 13 and 21, I reckon they will keep Wythenshawe. Mind you, this could change depending on what form franchising under the forthcoming Mayor takes.

Arriva don't care if they've just refurbished the vehicles and it's been evident in the past. One of the first buses to be refurbished was an East Lancs EL2000 bodied Dennis Lance that recieved a full 'polish and promote' whilst at Skem and was scrapped a month later! There was another East Lancs Dart that didn't last much longer either based at Bolton? that received the same treatment.

By that argument though both have two Sapphire Services as well as Schools and both operate TFGM contracts. In terms of services both depots are pretty level.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 14/05/2016 10:20
Arriva - Wythenshawe. - John I - 14/05/2014, 22:06

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)