Current time: 25/04/2024, 20:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
Hope they don't try putting one on the 08:15 Altrincham to Manchester Airport 288. Even with a long Enviro 200 that service barely fits everyone on and the 2 or 3 passengers with suitcases can have difficulty finding somewhere to put them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Trust me on a strata it'll be like tinned sardines!

Won't be much use for anything tbh being so tiny.
(20/03/2022 12:48)knutstransport Wrote:  Hope they don't try putting one on the 08:15 Altrincham to Manchester Airport 288. Even with a long Enviro 200 that service barely fits everyone on and the 2 or 3 passengers with suitcases can have difficulty finding somewhere to put them.

I have a feeling they will end up on there albeit it would be absolutely daft!

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
With TfGM now saying Arriva are taking over the Altrincham locals and only the evening and Sunday 288s are going to Arriva, it now makes more sense that the Mellors are transferring to Wythenshawe. I'm not saying those services will be ideal for the vehicles but it probably won't be any worse than Macclesfield and Northwich locals getting them.
(02/04/2022 19:27)knutstransport Wrote:  With TfGM now saying Arriva are taking over the Altrincham locals and only the evening and Sunday 288s are going to Arriva, it now makes more sense that the Mellors are transferring to Wythenshawe. I'm not saying those services will be ideal for the vehicles but it probably won't be any worse than Macclesfield and Northwich locals getting them.

701 was in Altrincham Interchange earlier this week, probably on driver familiarisation duties. The 285/286 pass my window, so I'll report as soon as I see anything in service.
Is Wythenshawe getting anything else? As they'll need a few more vehicles to operate 18 Eccles/Trafford Centre-Airport service if their not getting the TfGM hybrids that Diamond currently use on there.
(03/04/2022 06:03)M60lad Wrote:  Is Wythenshawe getting anything else? As they'll need a few more vehicles to operate 18 Eccles/Trafford Centre-Airport service if their not getting the TfGM hybrids that Diamond currently use on there.

Well, don't forget the 19 is being reduced to half-hourly instead of every 20 minutes, so that will free up 1, 2 or even 3 buses at most.
Commander 2582 is now here and 2515 is now back in service here
(24/04/2022 08:37)PULSAR Wrote:  Commander 2582 is now here and 2515 is now back in service here

Interesting even though CAZ has been postponed I didn’t think any Euro 3 vehicles would return to Greater Manchester.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
(24/04/2022 08:37)PULSAR Wrote:  Commander 2582 is now here and 2515 is now back in service here

2582 is working 280/285/287 journeys today.

Pulsars are working 18, 19 and 288 journeys.

None of the Mellors appear to be working passenger services.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)