Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mersey Ferries
RE: Mersey Ferries
Not good considering they said if needed the Daff would be re-activated if ever needed, clearly this was never going to be the case.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Does anyone have a picture of the new paintjob on Snowdrop. It's different. According to the BBC it's in commemoration of WW1.
Find all posts by this user
Here is a work in progress shot

You would have thought that Mersey Ferries would have re-activated the Royal Daffodil for the tree Queens celebrations

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Oh you can tell we are in to the autumn now .

The Mersey Ferries are presently suspended due to foggy conditions on the Mersey.
Merseytravel are now seriously looking at the end of one of the Mersey Ferry terminals , be it either Woodside or Seacombe as part of a new 20 year play to make it mainly a leisure service .
(16/12/2015 15:46)wirralbus Wrote:  Merseytravel are now seriously looking at the end of one of the Mersey Ferry terminals , be it either Woodside or Seacombe as part of a new 20 year play to make it mainly a leisure service .

I heard on Radio City earlier that it would be Woodside that would close and there would also be an investment in two brand new ferries. There'd also be more river excursions offered too
Oh this is going to be interesting to say the least , you have Woodside with a giant cut up lump of metal called a U boat outside of it .

Oh well i remember a much derided former member of the forum Infamy141 , do you remember him saying this would happen and look at what is going to happen.

To be honest i can see hellfire and damnation being thrown at Merseytravel and Merseyferries over any decisions regarding the Mersey Ferries.
Just been reading the Merseytravels 20 Year Vision about it and they say Passenger numbers are dropping, It seems they hope if they close one of the Ports (most likley Woodside) and get new ships to run between the final 2 they could focus on trying to get more Passengers to use the Ferry, Not sure if anything can be done to get more Passengers to use the Service as its a lot more easy to just use the Bus or Train over the water

One thing worth pointing out is one of the current Ships may stay in service for the Manchester Ship canal Service, Speaking of this does anyone know how well this does?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
20 Year Vision , feels like it will be the 20 Year demise at this rate.

At that rate what will there be for Birkenhead Hamilton Square station to generate , it basically has lost its bus service interchange to Birkenhead Bus Station , its other claim to fame being the ferries which if this plan goes ahead will also be lost as well .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)