Current time: 26/04/2024, 09:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mersey Ferries
RE: Mersey Ferries
Daffodil was my favourite out of the 3, even though she was v unreliable... I just hope that she isnt left to waste away somewhere...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What is Merseytravel going to do with the third ferry they no longer have any use for ?

Will they start salvaging parts from the ferry for use on the others ?
I think Daffodil is Overchurch, which was the one built at Cammels. I know the engines are the same, but not sure how much other engineering and structural commonality with the former Mountwood and Woodchurch which were built at Dartmouth. I know there were quite a few differences in the original construction.
Mersey Ferries have suspended normal operation for the rest of the day from 12.00 today to enable the two ferries to be used on battle of The Atlantic Parade of Warship Cruises .

As well the Normal cruises being suspended , the commuter service has also been suspended as well.
For the second day - no Mersey ferry due to mechanical issues. Ferry replacement bus service running from Hamilton Square station to Seacombe.
This is what happens when a ferry suffers mechanical difficulties and they try to do it with only two vessels , probably the second vessel is up the Manchester Ship Canal .

This has to be an embarrassment to Mersey Ferries that they are unable to provide a service for two days , the bus service being a token gesture .
The Snowdrop is out of use. Royal Iris had to do the Manchester ship canal cruise yesterday and today, meaning no normal service. The Liverbird Cruise tomorrow has had to be cancelled as the Iris has to run the normal service. Not sure what is wrong with Snowdrop but It seemed to be having some trouble on Saturday when I was last on it.
WB - couldn't agree more. What is the current status of status of Daffodil? Presumably this vessel can't be brought back into service.
Here's some pictures that I got last week,

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(25/06/2013 21:43)N301 CKB Wrote:  The Snowdrop is out of use. Royal Iris had to do the Manchester ship canal cruise yesterday and today, meaning no normal service. The Liverbird Cruise tomorrow has had to be cancelled as the Iris has to run the normal service. Not sure what is wrong with Snowdrop but It seemed to be having some trouble on Saturday when I was last on it.

To have to refund all that money for the Liverbird cruise can not be doing the bottom line much good , the goodwill that the ferries get from the local people may go up in smoke if they can not get the two ferries running smoothly soon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)