Current time: 06/05/2024, 18:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(21/06/2012 18:49)S364 ONL Wrote:  Speaking of news, some Impera drivers have said that it will timed in between the 407 at every 30 minutes, so we think that he's doing a sort of partnership with Arriva and the 407, he will also be using the deckers on it too

The 407 operates every 20 minutes, so there would be a point where an Arriva bus would be going a few minutes if it follows the same route and only every 30 minutes.
Find all posts by this user
(21/06/2012 20:53)moreton407 Wrote:  
(21/06/2012 18:49)S364 ONL Wrote:  Speaking of news, some Impera drivers have said that it will timed in between the 407 at every 30 minutes, so we think that he's doing a sort of partnership with Arriva and the 407, he will also be using the deckers on it too

The 407 operates every 20 minutes, so there would be a point where an Arriva bus would be going a few minutes if it follows the same route and only every 30 minutes.

Good point the 30 would have to be every 20 min for an even frequency with the 407, or the 407 reduced to every 30 min

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Mark has said its going every half hour, and its going in between the 407. Whether or not he ups the frequency later on, we'll find out

Why are you on my bus??! There's a perfectly good 413 behind me!!!!

Big things for little Impera
--------Kieran Mercer---------
Do we know if the new 30 will be a DD service, Well done again Imperia for trying something different. Will Imperia need new vehicles for the extra services

Cool Life is for living !
(23/06/2012 07:46)Its a hobby Wrote:  Do we know if the new 30 will be a DD service, Well done again Imperia for trying something different. Will Imperia need new vehicles for the extra services
(The company is called Impera!) It's been mentioned that double-deckers will be running on this company's new 30 service, however whether they're going to use their current step-entranced ones or purchase some low-floor-entranced ones especially for the service will soon come into fruition, if true.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27701 thank you for correcting my spelling mistake. Have a nice day

I would like to think that low floor buses will be used, not sure if DD would be required? May be need to introduce the service with single deckers first and see how the take up goes before considering DD.

Marks plan is to use the Current DDs on the first week, if the capacity is needed he will look into purchase Low Floor DD, if its not the plan B is to use the S*** ONLs on it, as they are a high capacity single deck low floor Dart

Why are you on my bus??! There's a perfectly good 413 behind me!!!!

Big things for little Impera
--------Kieran Mercer---------
How the service does in the first week is hardly a fair reflection of how the service will do in the future. The Poundrider didn't carry all that many in the opening week or two, but by the time it was withdrawn, there was many on the Facebook page asking for the return of the service!
It would seem patience is a virtue in these situations.
He will need to look at the service over more than one week though , there is always that novelty feel in the first week , wonders how Arriva will respond to another push.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)