Current time: 19/05/2024, 03:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
To be honest when the WAG service operates via Crewe , I do not understand the logic of calling at Crewe , its not exactly a bussable distance from Wrexham General is it ?
Find all posts by this user
(26/11/2015 06:35)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest when the WAG service operates via Crewe , I do not understand the logic of calling at Crewe , its not exactly a bussable distance from Wrexham General is it ?

Stopping at Crewe doesn't make up for Wrexham as such, its just on the way. By rights the WAG should not call at Crewe as it is on a diversion but i believe on this occasion they added a special stop order due to an issue with another Crewe service that was delayed or cancelled..

The Wrexham Virgin service was also cancelled.
Arriva Trains Wales is expecting there to be some major disruption to services in North and Mid Wales this weekend .

Network Rail are going to introduced a blanket speed restriction beyond Llandudno Junction towards Holyhead from 1700 on Friday until 1200 on Sunday.

The Cambrian Lines and the Conway Valley must surely be at risk from flooding as well.
What is the point of Sugar Loaf station? There is nothing there
Has Dovey Junction got the studded flags at the edge of platforms? Call me weird but the only access is to the station by train or by flying like a flying squirrel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/12/2015 22:10)RedPanda Wrote:  What is the point of Sugar Loaf station? There is nothing there
Has Dovey Junction got the studded flags at the edge of platforms? Call me weird but the only access is to the station by train or by flying like a flying squirrel
Sugar Loaf station. Where is it?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(12/12/2015 22:27)childwallblues Wrote:  Sugar Loaf station. Where is it?

It's on the Heart of Wales Line between Cynghordy and Llanwrtyd
I think its that physically small that only one door of a class 153 can be opened
(13/12/2015 00:01)wirralbus Wrote:  I think its that physically small that only one door of a class 153 can be opened

Its just that its hundreds of mile away from actual life and civilisation and theres about two to three tains Shrewsbury-Swansea and the same Shrewsbury-Cardiff Central
It seems so odd somehow
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Is it not there for walkers?
(13/12/2015 08:05)RedPanda Wrote:  Its just that its hundreds of mile away from actual life and civilisation and theres about two to three tains Shrewsbury-Swansea and the same Shrewsbury-Cardiff Central
It seems so odd somehow

If memory serves me right this station is only open to services that stop in the daylight as well.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)