Current time: 18/05/2024, 15:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
(12/02/2017 14:01)knutstransport Wrote:  ATW have two loco-hauled sets which work the following services Mon-Fri only:

1V91 HHD 0533 - CDF 0958
1D51 CRE 0711 - CTR 0730
1H82 CTR 0738 - MAN 0856
1D34 MAN 0950 - HHD 1239
1H89 HHD 1301 - MAN 1556
1D31 MAN 1650 - LLD 1904
1W96 CDF 1716 - HHD 2145
1K96 LLD 1934 - CRE 2106

Of course if a set fails then you could get a 158 or 175 in lieu.

HHD - Holyhead
CDF - Cardiff Central
CTR - Chester
MAN - Manchester Piccadilly
CRE - Crewe
LLD - Llandudno

Thank you for providing such clear timings. I may try one of these on a rare weekday off work.
Find all posts by this user
According to website, service on the Bidston line is suspended for rest of today and tomorrow
(23/02/2017 16:33)N271CKB Wrote:  According to website, service on the Bidston line is suspended for rest of today and tomorrow

They Are Ruining Replacement Buses For Most of The Trains The only Train That is Running is the 21:55 From Wrexham Central To Bidston Well That is What They Tweeted Me anyway they said it will be back To Normal Tomorrow
The Bidston to Wrexham Central route is a bit of a running joke.

I have not come across a more unreliable service as this one.

If the service runs late the service gets chopped back to operate Wrexham Central - Shotton , with a either a bus onwards to Bidston if you are very lucky or having to travel via Chester or wait for the next service.

This service is being run on a shoestring with two units when the service takes approx 58 mins to complete its journey.
(25/02/2017 12:21)wirralbus Wrote:  The Bidston to Wrexham Central route is a bit of a running joke.

If the service runs late the service gets chopped back to operate Wrexham Central - Shotton , with a either a bus onwards to Bidston if you are very lucky or having to travel via Chester or wait for the next service.

This service is being run on a shoestring with two units when the service takes approx 58 mins to complete its journey.

The Bidston To Wrexham line is so unreliable I went there just fine coming home was a nightmare got to Wrexham Central At 5pm 17:45/5:45pm Train Was Cancelled Waited 2 hours for the 19:44/7:44pm Service Which Was Also Cancelled But the 21:55/9:55pm Came I Waited About 4 Hours At Wrexham Central Station Then when It came it only went to Shotton and had to Get A Replacement Bus To Bidston It Was Ment to get there at 22:55 but got there At 23:25 and lucky caught the last train to West Kirby
(25/02/2017 12:21)wirralbus Wrote:  The Bidston to Wrexham Central route is a bit of a running joke.

Currently the last train From Wrexham to Bidston is 19:44 And From Bidston To Wrexham Central 20:45 Due to the Line being upgraded to 4th rail Between Bidston And Neston There is A later train From Wrexham Central At 21:55 But that only goes As Far As Shotton And Then A Replacement Bus From Shotton To Bidston The Bus is never on time From Shotton To Bidston
4th rail? CAn you explain?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I presume he means double track - although this is only being done between Wrexham and Saltney Junction last time I checked
I thought that the only single track on the line was in the Wrexham area.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I would assume he means extension of the Merseyrail third rail - as far as I know that has never been approved, and would surely have been mentioned in connection with the new trains if it had been.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)