Current time: 28/05/2024, 13:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
thanks for the help gents

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
There's signal issues between runcorn and warrington making the service run late

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
had a 158 class from newton station to manchester pic, it will be next train from pic to llandudno, nice change to the normal 175 class

(24/06/2013 13:48)bolton bus basher Wrote:  had a 158 class from newton station to manchester pic, it will be next train from pic to llandudno, nice change to the normal 175 class

A combination of their recent refurbishment and BR heritage would indeed make a refreshing change. I am considering going to Wrexham to ride these (and Sapphire buses too).
Find all posts by this user
I presume everybody has heard about the tractor vs train incident at a level crossing yesterday.

(18/07/2013 17:33)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  I presume everybody has heard about the tractor vs train incident at a level crossing yesterday.

Yes i read about it in the paper apparently the tractor driver thought he could outrun the train at the crossing but he was faced with a class 158 which can top well over 70 and im a tractor driver myself and my tractor can only do 18-20 mph maximum what on earth was he thinking? Presume the 158 has gone for repair as the gangway connection was damaged as well as the front of the unit.
Arriva could really do without being one down in the Class 158 units because they are the only units that have the ERTMS equipment for the Cambrian Lines.
(19/07/2013 06:46)wirralbus Wrote:  Arriva could really do without being one down in the Class 158 units because they are the only units that have the ERTMS equipment for the Cambrian Lines.

Yes, I would presume arriva are really hacked of with this, it really is the last thing they need. As for the tractor driver, well whay can I say??? Bloody idiot.

This is a moot point .

The service pattern on the Bidston - Wrexham line is causing problems when one train either runs late or is cancelled .

Is it now time for a third set to be used to ease the burden on the units , this would though probably mean that the timetable would lose its clockface timetable to be replaced by a service about every 40 minutes during the day , reverting back to a more sensible one train in the evening when the amount of passengers disperses.

Do you think also that Merseytravel will take this route off WAG hands if there is money to electrify the line which will be third rail , anybody who think overhead wires must be in cloud cuckoo land .
I'd likee see the line split in two - Merseyrail electrics to neston and heritage service neston to wrexham. Not ever going to happen in reality.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: