Current time: 07/05/2024, 00:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
(25/03/2013 20:23)507022 Wrote:  
(24/03/2013 23:08)First Class Wrote:  
(24/03/2013 20:42)507 mad Wrote:  just been announced that bubblecar 121032 has been withdrawn by arriva and will act as a donor for sister company chiltern railways. it has been withdrawn because of the lack of effort from the unit. the route will now be run a class 153.

It was withdrawn because it failed and the parts required to get it moving again cost too much money to make it worth fixing. As a result, the parts that are still serviceable will pass to Chiltern for their Aylesbury shuttle.

Whilst a Class 153 may be used, it is not set in stone. Class 142/143/150 units appear regularly on the very short line between Cardiff Queen Street and Cardiff Bay, (and a full ticket check still gets done!). The short line gets whatever is available, bar 158/175s.

The line would be absolutely ideal for a Class 139. Short, self contained, high frequency operation - and would free up a unit for the Valleys, or even further afield.

What's a class 139? Never heard of that one!
If they're still in service, there's 2 of them - modern single units - look like across between a Fiat taxi and a light tram. Used on the Stoubridge shuttle by London Midland.
Find all posts by this user
(24/03/2013 23:08)First Class Wrote:  
(24/03/2013 20:42)507 mad Wrote:  just been announced that bubblecar 121032 has been withdrawn by arriva and will act as a donor for sister company chiltern railways. it has been withdrawn because of the lack of effort from the unit. the route will now be run a class 153.

It was withdrawn because it failed and the parts required to get it moving again cost too much money to make it worth fixing. As a result, the parts that are still serviceable will pass to Chiltern for their Aylesbury shuttle.

Whilst a Class 153 may be used, it is not set in stone. Class 142/143/150 units appear regularly on the very short line between Cardiff Queen Street and Cardiff Bay, (and a full ticket check still gets done!). The short line gets whatever is available, bar 158/175s.

The line would be absolutely ideal for a Class 139. Short, self contained, high frequency operation - and would free up a unit for the Valleys, or even further afield.

Only 3 exist, 2 of which are with London Midland in Stourbridge.

It is also known as a Parry People Mover.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
I am surprised that nobody has reported the use yesterday of 67001 + the WAG set on a Footex from Wrexham to Wembley and return.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(25/03/2013 21:46)childwallblues Wrote:  I am surprised that nobody has reported the use yesterday of 67001 + the WAG set on a Footex from Wrexham to Wembley and return.

Ended up going via Crewe and Chester on the return for two reasons:

1) To replace a cancelled service from Crewe-Chester
2) Because of a failed groundframe near Chirk Kronospan

Resulted in a 60 minute delay, on top of it already being later than scheduled due to the football going to pens.
Train formed of 2 x Class 67, top and tail, with the DVT still attached (67001, 67002 & 82306)

(25/03/2013 20:36)First Class Wrote:  
(24/03/2013 23:08)First Class Wrote:  It was withdrawn because it failed and the parts required to get it moving again cost too much money to make it worth fixing. As a result, the parts that are still serviceable will pass to Chiltern for their Aylesbury shuttle.

Only 3 exist, 2 of which are with London Midland in Stourbridge.

It is also known as a Parry People Mover.

Thanks to both First Class and SNL824 for the answer
(25/03/2013 22:42)First Class Wrote:  
(25/03/2013 21:46)childwallblues Wrote:  I am surprised that nobody has reported the use yesterday of 67001 + the WAG set on a Footex from Wrexham to Wembley and return.

Resulted in a 60 minute delay, on top of it already being later than scheduled due to the football going to pens.
Train formed of 2 x Class 67, top and tail, with the DVT still attached (67001, 67002 & 82306)
Did ATW get the authority of the Welsh Government to use the stock as you have previously suggested?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(28/03/2013 19:22)childwallblues Wrote:  
(25/03/2013 22:42)First Class Wrote:  

Did ATW get the authority of the Welsh Government to use the stock as you have previously suggested?

Yes! In fact, the Welsh Government were particularly insistent that it ran. I believe more than one MP used the service.

can someone help me sort this little issue out, i want to get from newton train station to birimingham train station and i thought i could get a train direct from there but i now know i need to get a train to crewe or something, i dont know, could someone help me please?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Best way would be to catch the ATW service from
Newton le willows to Warrington Bank Quay, where theres a 15 min wait for the Birmingham ervice.
Or could get Northern or ATW to Manchester Piccadilly and link up with the Cross Country service to Birmingham - probably not much difference either way.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)