Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
67002 +WAG stock + DVT was in service on Saturday doing two (or three) round trips between Crewe and Holyhead. It will be again in service this Saturday.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
(24/12/2012 21:05)childwallblues Wrote:  67002 +WAG stock + DVT was in service on Saturday doing two (or three) round trips between Crewe and Holyhead. It will be again in service this Saturday.
Today 67001 + 4 coaches+DVT was doing three round trips HHD-CRE. We travelled on the 0837 CRE-HHD paying the £10 first class supplement. The train only stopped at Chester, Llandudno Junction and Bangor, and not many passengers were on board. Our return at 1222 was wedged from Holyhead. Even first class was full. Passengers from Bangor and the Junction had to stand all the way to Crewe. The lady in the buffet provided an at seat service of tea/coffee to first class passengers in proper cups. Touch of class!

(29/12/2012 18:53)childwallblues Wrote:  
(24/12/2012 21:05)childwallblues Wrote:  67002 +WAG stock + DVT was in service on Saturday doing two (or three) round trips between Crewe and Holyhead. It will be again in service this Saturday.
Today 67001 + 4 coaches+DVT was doing three round trips HHD-CRE. We travelled on the 0837 CRE-HHD paying the £10 first class supplement. The train only stopped at Chester, Llandudno Junction and Bangor, and not many passengers were on board. Our return at 1222 was wedged from Holyhead. Even first class was full. Passengers from Bangor and the Junction had to stand all the way to Crewe. The lady in the buffet provided an at seat service of tea/coffee to first class passengers in proper cups. Touch of class!

Why was the supplement only £10?

It is usually £22.50!
The until that would of formed the 18.46 from bidston is currently trapped there due to a wagon currently being stuck under the bridge on woodchurch rd
The inevitable has happened on the Conwy Valley line , the service has been suspended between Llanrswt and Blaenau Ffestiniog due to flooding of the track .

The usual location for this flooding is around the side of Llanrswt heading out towards betws-y-coed.
I was down in Llanrwst today and got a few photo's, the first one is a car park just as you go over the bridge, and the second, the field next to it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(29/12/2012 19:40)First Class Wrote:  
(29/12/2012 18:53)childwallblues Wrote:  

It is usually £22.50!
We were not on the WAG. We were on a Weekend First Upgrade which is first class with tea/coffee provided. No food.
Gosh I know something that you don't!

(03/01/2013 21:23)childwallblues Wrote:  
(29/12/2012 19:40)First Class Wrote:  
(29/12/2012 18:53)childwallblues Wrote:  Today 67001 + 4 coaches+DVT was doing three round trips HHD-CRE. We travelled on the 0837 CRE-HHD paying the £10 first class supplement. The train only stopped at Chester, Llandudno Junction and Bangor, and not many passengers were on board. Our return at 1222 was wedged from Holyhead. Even first class was full. Passengers from Bangor and the Junction had to stand all the way to Crewe. The lady in the buffet provided an at seat service of tea/coffee to first class passengers in proper cups. Touch of class!

It is usually £22.50!
We were not on the WAG. We were on a Weekend First Upgrade which is first class with tea/coffee provided. No food.
Gosh I know something that you don't!

My point is that if you were on the Loco hauled ATW services, there is no £10 supplement! If the ATW conductor sold you that ticket, I would be interested to see it!

If travelling during the weekend on that service, First Class is supposed to be declassified. This is a Welsh Assembly Government requirement.
£10 supplement was valid through journey planner (RJIS) for these relief trains, and was advertised on the departure boards certainly at Chester.

Not a bad use of the stock during idle time.
(04/01/2013 00:22)WAG67 Wrote:  £10 supplement was valid through journey planner (RJIS) for these relief trains, and was advertised on the departure boards certainly at Chester.

Not a bad use of the stock during idle time.

Wasn't advertised on the CIS at Chester, I can assure you of that. It didn't even state "First Class accommodation" available. In actual fact, the only message(s) the CIS had in relation to the extra trains was "Reported full and standing".

The ATW supplement even has a restriction code (PC), which explicitly states NOT VALID AT WEEKENDS.

Fujitsu JourneyPlanner, or STAR/Avantix Mobile for that matter, does not show any supplement for that amount either.

As I have not been sent an ATOC PIF, (Product Implementation Form) for the product you describe, I would be interested to know how the fare was created, because it isn't one that ATW HQ has approved as far as I can ascertain.

If someone could kindly upload a scan/photo of the ticket I would be most interested to see how it looks.

I have a feeling that a conductor may have been a little inventive.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)