Current time: 17/05/2024, 09:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(09/11/2016 20:42)Barney Wrote:  Last week was a difficult time for bus companies, and drivers in particular, with the big increase in anti-social behaviour and vandalism which is all too common when the clocks go back. I wonder how useful the installation of the two-way radios at Birkenhead has been to warn drivers of potential trouble and diversions.

They must be going well as st helens are due to be fitted out with them early 2017.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They do seem to be doing well, Birkenhead depot have had quite a few problems with windows being broken over the past month on quite a few different routes. On some occasions when the driver contacts the depot, all buses on that route are diverted with one announcement on the radio. This has happened on the 423 a few times and also the 407/418/9/118/9. Also very good for traffic jams and roadworks/incidents.
Cadet 2516 on 487 today,obviously a streetlite must have bit the dust as 6003 was on 492/5.
4204 with it's all over brickbus advert got a mention on this weeks HIGNFY in the missing words round.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(14/11/2016 23:33)MTL0201 Wrote:  4204 with it's all over brickbus advert got a mention on this weeks HIGNFY in the missing words round.

Interestingly the Geminis have only just been fitted with internal bus stopping signs.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
PVS currently in the yard about to take withdrawn trainer 8229 for scrap.
The first batch of the wright hybrids have been built and are expected to be delivered in the next few weeks. The wright streetdeck demonstrator is coming hete for a while too. 2459 getting repaired. 4505 back with new back end after bad smash...

Daniel Christopher.
I didn't know where to post this but a bout an hour ago there was a brand new London Wright Gemini 3 on the back of a lorry heading away from Twelve Quays, the bus itself didn't have a reg nor any logos so weren't sure whether it's an Arriva one or not

Follow me on flickr
1 January 2017

432/433 New Brighton - Liverpool
Monday to Friday daytime frequency increased to every 15 minutes per route due to the Merseyrail Wirral loop line track renewal. The times have changed.

437 West Kirby - Liverpool
Frequency is increased to every 7 or 8 minutes during Monday to Friday daytimes due to the Merseyrail Wirral loop line track renewal. The times have changed.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
I do wonder whether these service enhancements will continue after the end of the track renewal work.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)