Current time: 17/05/2024, 09:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(07/07/2016 10:58)2829 Wrote:  2462 is now withdrawn at Laird St, so it looks like 4207 is staying Smile

Has it broke down or something and its not worth fixing? Or tax/mot out of date?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/07/2016 13:42)E208 WBG Wrote:  Its official now...

PC0001141/38 - ARRIVA MERSEYSIDE LTD, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Liverpool and Chester given service number 2 effective from 04-Sep-2016

Are Stagecoach taking over the Arriva services or is there going to be a 40min gap?
Find all posts by this user
(08/07/2016 08:17)ls1911 Wrote:  Are Stagecoach taking over the Arriva services or is there going to be a 40min gap?

I would imagine that Stagecoach would take over the Arriva diagrams on the 2. They have 2 spare "gold" vehicles at Rock Ferry plus some jigging with the existing timetables should release an extra vehicle or two?

Out of interest, how many vehicles do Arriva put out on the 2 diagrams?
(08/07/2016 10:45)Turbostar Wrote:  I would imagine that Stagecoach would take over the Arriva diagrams on the 2. They have 2 spare "gold" vehicles at Rock Ferry plus some jigging with the existing timetables should release an extra vehicle or two?

Out of interest, how many vehicles do Arriva put out on the 2 diagrams?

Arriva use 5 vehicle if I remember rightly.

I am no longer active on this forum.
It would probably require a timetable revision with a rejig of running time at the same time to accomodate the 1 and 2 .

I bet Arriva gave Stagecoach advance warning at management level what they was doing , giving Stagecoach a good idea how to resource the replacements .
(08/07/2016 15:10)wirralbus Wrote:  It would probably require a timetable revision with a rejig of running time at the same time to accomodate the 1 and 2 .

I bet Arriva gave Stagecoach advance warning at management level what they was doing , giving Stagecoach a good idea how to resource the replacements .

Quite probably. I assume this change would also need to have been discussed with Merseytravel too, given that the QBP will probably come to an end at the same time. Inevitable I suppose, but in my opinion, Arriva got the poorer end of the deal when the QBP was set up.
Theres always the chance that Stagecoach plan to use a couple of none Gold Buses on the route until Gold Buses can be drafted in from elsewhere

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Which raises the qestion unless they decide to buy a couple of new ones where would the additional Gold Buses come from? Remember that they will have to be single deckers due to low bridge on 1 route
The additional journeys to be covered are on the 2 , this service doesnt operate via the low bridge .

This allows maximum flexibility in the short term what ever Stagecoach could lay there hands on .
(09/07/2016 04:07)M60lad Wrote:  Which raises the qestion unless they decide to buy a couple of new ones where would the additional Gold Buses come from? Remember that they will have to be single deckers due to low bridge on 1 route

There are new Gold E200MMC's towards the end of the 2016/7 order for South Wales & Oxford, perhaps a couple could get added on for the 2 if Stagecoach decide they need them.......you never know!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)