Current time: 18/05/2024, 22:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Arriva will only release them to people who are in preservation groups for some reason and wont sell them to individuals who are not part of one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/11/2015 11:38)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Arriva will only release them to people who are in preservation groups for some reason and wont sell them to individuals who are not part of one.

Possibly understandable - an "unknown" individual might be an agent trying to buy a bus "on the cheap" for a competitor of Arriva.
That's understandable, except they wernt selling them for next to nothing when they did sell to individuals anyway, for example palatine N302CKB cost over £4000! I know they donate them for next to nothing to charities, but not even selling at full price to individuals is a bit daft.

I am no longer active on this forum.
423 is having it's route extended from Seacombe in the New Year

Route: 423
Travelling between: Liverpool, Woodside or Arrowe Park - Seacombe or New Brighton
Operator: Arriva
Date of service change: 24th January 2016
What's changing?: Extension from Seacombe to Birkenhead

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
So is the extension back to Birkenhead to Woodside area or Birkenhead Bus Station area they do not make it very clear .
There's a double decker parked at the back of Laird Street. It's in "old" livery. The only ones I'm aware of in this livery are the 4423 -4435. Anyone know what it is?
The StreetLites are being fitted with audio recording in the cab area.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/12/2015 10:37)lcm453 Wrote:  There's a double decker parked at the back of Laird Street. It's in "old" livery. The only ones I'm aware of in this livery are the 4423 -4435. Anyone know what it is?

4423-4434, it us definitely not 4423/6/4433 as none of those are in old livery.
If my memory serves me right, I think it could possibly be 4429 which I think carries an 09 reg as I remember seeing it on the 492/495 either last year or early - middle of this year ( not sure which ) although it may have worked other services too and as far as I know it rarely if at all failed in service. I am surprised arriva haven't put it back in service because after all a bus is a bus and if 4429 if thats which vehicle it is can still do the job it was built to do then I say come on arriva get your butts in gear and get it out on the road where it should be and earning revenue.
4429 is a Bootle bus and as far as I know is still in every day service over there, although they just blur into one for me so can't be sure I have seen it as of late, I see no reason why it would be off the road at all.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)