Current time: 03/05/2024, 02:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(31/10/2015 17:04)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I don't see how bus passengers are getting blamed for buses having windows smashed. It is the mindless yobs that think this stupid Mischief Night is an excuse for a night of mindless vandalism. Tarring everyone with the same brush is not on.

It'd be good if rather than simply patrolling the streets, Police officers jumped on and off buses more-so around this time of year, so the yobs think twice about targetting buses. And that way, if somebody was idiotic enough to still do something, then the driver could pull over and the police alight to deal with it and provide visibility in that area.

It's one thing having vehicles egged and bricked - this is superficial damage that can be repaired (albeit at additional cost to the operator and passengers), but when passengers, and indeed drivers begin to be physically attacked when both alighting and onboard a vehicle, then that is an issue that needs to be seriously addressed. It isn't Arriva's or the operator's responsibility to provide security - they do that already with the CCTV covering all angles of the vehicle - it's the responsibility of the council and the Police to work more closely with the operators to provide a more visible Police presence.

I assume that when Police officers are travelling by bus at any time, they can request the driver to pull over and allow them to alight if they see something that they need to attend?.. and if not, then this should certainly be allowed around Halloween and Bonfire night.

Let's hope that things don't get too nasty over the next couple of weeks. Like I say, cosmetic damage to vehicles can be repaired with ease - but when people start getting attacked or injured, then that changes this 'mischief' into something all together more serious.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - E400 - 31/10/2015 17:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)