Current time: 17/05/2024, 22:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(28/06/2014 17:45)E208 WBG Wrote:  Notice in A2B Driver Room states 117 will replace 181 between Moreton and Arrowe Park via Norwich Dr from July or August no date sorted yet but from same date 181 will be reduced to 1 bus operating Arrowe Park to Heswall only and will still interwork with 174

Havent Arriva Birkenhead got a vehicle that is otherwise spare for the 175 that could be used on the 117 on a Saturday buts that only one vehicle , but as Arriva presently use any single deckers this could be tight in Norwich Drive with some vehicles .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/06/2014 18:19)wirralbus Wrote:  Havent Arriva Birkenhead got a vehicle that is otherwise spare for the 175 that could be used on the 117 on a Saturday buts that only one vehicle , but as Arriva presently use any single deckers this could be tight in Norwich Drive with some vehicles .

819 & 886 are the buses for 175 as we know. The trouble is, if one breaks down the other has to take its place. My source is going to ask about what buses will be used, but I know drivers are worried in case they get stuck or have a bump. The revised 487 is also causing problems too with buses meeting each other at awkward places.

821 is sat at the back with some parts missing so that may become usable.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
They can take the 6** series optare solos from st helens as there to small for st helens.
There would only be a business case to take about 3 and then it depends on how long is left on the 175 and 117.

To be honest the 117 is an oddity with the route only requiring buses on a Saturday .
The 117 has only recently been re tendered. Im not sure how many years the contract runs for? Isn't there enough people using it on a Saturday to enable it to be a commercial route run by Avon like the Mon-Friday service 16/17

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
I know the previous operator prior to Arriva of the 117 contract was Happy Al's before that im not sure.

I think its the amount of people travelling on the route using Arrowe Park Hospital and Clatterbridge Hospital that make it viable on a weekday for Avon , but passenger levels must drop off on a Saturday.

On the core section from Upton Village to Mount Road which the 418/9 use what are the levels of use like on a Saturday compared to a weekday.
The 492/495 is entirely double decker based today, the 492 has a VLW & a B5LH and the 495 has two presidents out

Follow me on flickr
I do wonder what Arriva Birkenhead managed to give Merseyrail for there Emergency Rail Replacement Bus Service this morning between Rock Ferry and Hamilton Square.
2441 was on them Wirralbus

I am no longer active on this forum.
4204 was booked off the 411 for repetitive stalling, something that has been happening for a month or two.

Daniel Christopher.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)