Current time: 02/05/2024, 14:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(22/09/2019 15:41)313201 Wrote:  The 407/471/472 is also a premier route as well I would say, given that they work to Liverpool as 1 route then return as the other.

I would take a risk here and say that probably all the routes from wirral to liverpool should be deckers to cater for the number of passengers using them, however, there has been an increase in the number of single deck buses appearing the these routes including the 432/433 & 437 as well the the routes above.

Whether that is because of an increase in problems with the deckers or low passenger numbers I am not sure, so probably in respect of the latter, there may well be a point where if passenger numbers are dropping throughtout the day that arriva will take the deckers off the liverpool routes and put single deck vehicles out in their place, then once peak time gets near, the deckers will go back out after any servicing and cleaning up back at the depot.

I get that not everyone will agree with given that I no longer hold a pcv licence but thats how I see as a former pcv driver.

It's a bit tricky allocating deckers to the 487 due to low bridges in Neston, main reason the streetlites were ordered, low height deckers are ok but not sure the height of the hybrids, might be too high.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - MTL0201 - 23/09/2019 11:29

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)