Current time: 17/05/2024, 10:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(23/11/2018 12:25)DVG526 Wrote:  Apparently an overhanging tree in Newton so saloons on 432/3/7. Ideal on one of the busiest shopping days of the year..

In times gone by, municipal bus companies converted retired double-deckers to open-top tree loppers in their areas for this eventuality and worked throughout the year to prevent top deck damage. In these more 'enlightened' times the private bus companies and LA's wait until damage is done before the two start a discussion as to who will pay for the removal of the offending branches.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4508 was on 437 but otherwise it was all pulsar operated,standing room only on most of them.
(16/11/2018 09:33)MPTE1955 Wrote:  LS at the moment is showing all the signs of DB wanting to sell, be interesting to see what happens but agree nothing will happen until all this brexit stuff is dealt with.

If LS is the depot of least interest to Arriva, maybe they could sell it, to Go-Ahead or Rotala for example?
(24/11/2018 04:00)Metroline1511 Wrote:  If LS is the depot of least interest to Arriva, maybe they could sell it, to Go-Ahead or Rotala for example?

I really don't see any mileage (sorry) in wild speculation about LS cutting back services and its future under Arriva/DB. From an outsider's view, LS is no more under threat than any other Arriva depot.

I think it was Churchill who said: "A lie is half way around the world before the truth has time to put its shoes on." That's certainly true of politics today and, probably, a lot of what gets posted on here.
The new 407 timetable is up on the Merseytravel site & according to Merseytravel timetable the change is from 20th January when the 407 is extended to West Kirby, i thought the change was 17th December, as usual Arriva's own site is useless, & won't even load.
https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/getting-...02019).pdf

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(29/11/2018 18:20)MTL0201 Wrote:  The new 407 timetable is up on the Merseytravel site & according to Merseytravel timetable the change is from 20th January when the 407 is extended to West Kirby, i thought the change was 17th December, as usual Arriva's own site is useless, & won't even load.

Looks like the route has been amended to serve Town Meadow Lane as the previous timetables shown indicated it would stop at the Chadwick Street bus stop and continue along Hoylake Road.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/11/2018 18:20)MTL0201 Wrote:  The new 407 timetable is up on the Merseytravel site & according to Merseytravel timetable the change is from 20th January when the 407 is extended to West Kirby, i thought the change was 17th December, as usual Arriva's own site is useless, & won't even load.

December was the earliest date vosa would accept it because Merseytravel and vosa wouldnt alllow it to start straight after the 83A finished last week like the 418 change, so Arriva are "being funny" and just delaying it now until the normal "agreed" change date in January also when the 408/409 reduces
(29/11/2018 19:45)R557 ABA Wrote:  Looks like the route has been amended to serve Town Meadow Lane as the previous timetables shown indicated it would stop at the Chadwick Street bus stop and continue along Hoylake Road.

Looks like it still does continue along Hoylake Road I think, it turns up Bermuda and does a tight loop via Millhouse Lane to return to Hoylake Road. Would of thought it should of served serve Pasture Road, Maryland Lane, Town Meadow Lane and down Bermuda Road instead
Is the 407/8/9 changes all thats taking place on that date .
Any news on when the hybrids are getting refurbished. Some of the seats are looking decidedly scabby these days.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)