Current time: 17/05/2024, 10:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(04/07/2018 19:51)86247 Wrote:  when the first Wright endurance arrived at st Helens think it was 6501 - 6513 they replaced some nationals which I think was a excellent bus especially the national 2 but the endurance become a firm favourite with everyone and sadly missed

Those Wright Endurances where a good vehicle remember being on one from Manchester to Liverpool via Bolton in the days of GMB / MTL Bus Wars . I think it was only at the very end of there careers that they ever saw use at Birkenhead , every other depot at MTL seemed to have a decent allocation of them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I agree those endurances were excellent and completely different to what we had before. This went right through to the BLEs which were also excellent and durable. I can't agree that the pulsars are the best single deck around now though, much prefer the Enviro300s but we can't all have the same opinion.
always thought it weird that laird street never got a allocation from new most went to either green lane or speke
(04/07/2018 20:21)86247 Wrote:  always thought it weird that laird street never got a allocation from new most went to either green lane or speke*

Garston*

Speke was the Merseyrider depot at the time
(04/07/2018 20:21)86247 Wrote:  always thought it weird that laird street never got a allocation from new most went to either green lane or speke

LS did get the Cross River Palatines though, the 3 that went new to Southport made there was to LS a few years later.

But the Wirral scene was quite dull though compared to Liverpool, mostly Atlanteans, Northern Counties Olympians, & Nationals, with a couple of Ikarus Citibuses which were mostly allocated to the Neston/Parkgate routes. Even in the PTE era the Wirral scene was quite dull, all it was was mostly Atlanteans & Fleetlines, whilst Liverpool got the interesting types like the Metropolitans, Bristols ecc

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
The Hybrids badly need the seats reupholstered, it's ugly when you board them, then see the leather ripped & not replaced.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
All of the hybrids at Laird Street are beginning to look shabby both inside and out. Some refurb/repaint would restore their appearance.
I quite agree but what annoys me is this is a company that apparently takes pride in its fleet.

If this is the case as they claim it is, surely they would keep on top of keeping the vehicles in good condition as they were when they were delivered.
(14/07/2018 09:37)lcm453 Wrote:  All of the hybrids at Laird Street are beginning to look shabby both inside and out. Some refurb/repaint would restore their appearance.

Noted few months back some have the old cross river headrests like the Enviro400s had
I've got to admit here that I do prefer the enviro400s to these hybrid things.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)