Current time: 19/05/2024, 18:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(04/01/2017 18:13)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I do agree that there's not enough opening windows but there is the higher cost of replacing windows on bonded glazing (especially opening ones) if they are smashed or otherwise damaged

That same argument was made when MTL had a fleet on ex-London Titans. On one occasion I recall being on one that only had two opening windows on the top deck. It was in the middle of summer and I had to strip down to my undies. Sorry, but if it's too hot (or cold) anyone with a choice will not use a bus. Sadiq Khan quite (w)rightly has decided that Wright's bodies are not fit for purpose.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/01/2017 21:11)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Just to clarify - the StreetLite has been in production since 2010 and the New Routemaster (which I personally think is a horrible looking bus and entered mass production after 2010) wasn't actually designed by Wrightbus. Also announced recently is the contract to build the New Routemasters has been cancelled by the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan

The New Routemaster i know is not to everyone's taste , i think Saddiq Khan cancelled the order as the new hybrid and electric bus technology have improved over the years.

Anyway back to the present day , a little question now when the work drops to Phase 2 will Arriva have access to the same vehicles as in Phase 1.
(04/01/2017 21:52)wirralbus Wrote:  The New Routemaster i know is not to everyone's taste , i think Saddiq Khan cancelled the order as the new hybrid and electric bus technology have improved over the years.

Anyway back to the present day , a little question now when the work drops to Phase 2 will Arriva have access to the same vehicles as in Phase 1.

No. The contract for the New Routemasters was cancelled because there are double decker buses with the same hybrid technology currently on the market which are cheaper - such as the Alexander Dennis Enviro40H and the Volvo B5LH. It's got absolutely nothing to do with the improvement of hybrid technology

Seeing as hybrids are due to enter traffic at Green Lane at the end of next month there could be the same amount of or less vehicles available. It all depends on how many of the hybrid double deckers are due to enter service at Green Lane next month
Looks like we have had our first casualty! Reported RTC on rails today via twitter @merseyrail at 9.55 am not sure which rail rep bus involved ?

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
4216 on 495 another loan?
Does anyone know why SL15 ZGP has not received the Arriva hybrid livery yet?
Not that I'm complaining, as it provides a bit of variety!

The usual apologies if this info has been mentioned in some nook or cranny somewhere at some point in the past before or if this post offends someone for no apparent reason etc ...
(05/01/2017 18:52)Valandil Wrote:  Does anyone know why SL15 ZGP has not received the Arriva hybrid livery yet?

The usual apologies if this info has been mentioned in some nook or cranny somewhere at some point in the past before or if this post offends someone for no apparent reason etc ...

It's a demonstrator vehicle owned by Wrightbus so it won't be receiving the Arriva Green livery
(05/01/2017 18:52)Valandil Wrote:  Does anyone know why SL15 ZGP has not received the Arriva hybrid livery yet?

The simple answer to this is that it isn't a hybrid LOL
(05/01/2017 10:42)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Looks like we have had our first casualty! Reported RTC on rails today via twitter @merseyrail at 9.55 am not sure which rail rep bus involved ?

The bus was 4818.
(03/01/2017 20:15)motormayhem1 Wrote:  3 streetlites are being used on the birkenhead central to birkenhead north as i took 6002 out from the depot this morning at 05:42 as i was suppose to take 6004 but it had flat battries.

6004 broke down later that day in the 495 due to flat batteries

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)