Current time: 05/05/2024, 04:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(06/09/2023 09:59)CUL 73V Wrote:  Bolton is closing this month, Wythenshawe in January 2025. The planned transfers will reduce the number of new vehicles needed to replace the 2007-2009 Pulsars over the next couple of years, but not by much. New buses are on the cards, but the current uncertainty means these will be the bare minimum required. The "trickle down effect", like Green Lane's StreetDeck order, could well be employed again.

The current uncertainty doesn’t seem to be affecting Stagecoach with another large order of MMCs hitting the roads recently
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/09/2023 10:21)DVG526 Wrote:  The current uncertainty doesn’t seem to be affecting Stagecoach with another large order of MMCs hitting the roads recently

I read on another forum buses could be split around the provinces from London, is it likely any will make their way up here?
(06/09/2023 10:21)DVG526 Wrote:  The current uncertainty doesn’t seem to be affecting Stagecoach with another large order of MMCs hitting the roads recently

Stagecoach can invest in their fleet because their ownership enables them to. On the other hand, Arriva's owners want to sell the business and keep expenditure down until a sale is concluded. This does not give Arriva the luxury of purchasing new buses unless they absolutely have to, which even then results in the bare minimum necessary being purchased. Until the business is sold, this situation isn't going to change.
(06/09/2023 10:32)W176 XMA Wrote:  I read on another forum buses could be split around the provinces from London, is it likely any will make their way up here?

About 12 years ago, Arriva did cascade ex-London stock after extensive rebuilding and refurbishment to the provinces including Merseyside. Apart from a few ADL 200s a few years ago that policy seemed to have been abandoned.

London is now moving towards an all-electric fleet and there will be surplus mid-life buses in the near future. However, it is significant that Arriva's parent company (DB) is keen to sell its English operations and I do wonder if, as seems likely, franchising is introduced in the next few years whether Arriva would be interested in bidding for any of the tranches as new stock would be a requirement.

Whatever the future holds, unless there is a influx of new or refurbished stock, it is inevitable the Arriva Merseyside's fleet age profile will continue on an upward trajectory to the point where Merseytravel will impose its 15-year age limit.
2659 and 2660 are now here on loan for a few weeks.

For recent interests of bus photos please visit my Flickr account below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135097870@N02/

For my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/EfanThomasTheBusEnthusiast/

And check out my Instagram page for more recent bus photos:
@emt_buses.175

Also check out with my TikTok account:
@emt_busenthusiast_175
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
From a post on the Arriva NW&W Photography group on Facebook, looks like 2659/60 from Bangor, and former Bolton 2680/5/6 are all to see use at Laird Street, presumably covering for vehicles on rail replacements....2659 appears to be on the 413 and 2686 appears to be on the 409 so far.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(07/10/2023 07:33)gka472l Wrote:  From a post on the Arriva NW&W Photography group on Facebook, looks like 2659/60 from Bangor, and former Bolton 2680/5/6 are all to see use at Laird Street, presumably covering for vehicles on rail replacements....2659 appears to be on the 413 and 2686 appears to be on the 409 so far.

HTH
2660 and 2685 also in use today, both on Noctorum Circulars
All tracking apart from 2680...which is on the 409 on the opposite working to 2686

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
3009 towed away to Hardwicks Barnsley for scrap today.
(12/10/2023 08:33)L401CJF Wrote:  3009 towed away to Hardwicks Barnsley for scrap today.

What was the reason for that going before the 15 years, please?

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)