Current time: 02/05/2024, 23:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

London Midland
RE: London Midland
319441 and 319457 were delivered to Kings Heath Depot, Northampton last weekend. They will enter service at the beginning of April.
319216 has received a C6 overhaul and will be the first to receive LM livery.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Is there any chance of a Class 319 getting on a Liverpool?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
No. As with the 321s that they are replacing neither Birmingham or Crewe crews will be trained on them. If you wish to see them in service the best place would be Watford Junction in peak hour.

To be honest in the great swing of things at LONDON MIDLAND I can not see them having this none standard fleet for too long .

London Midland seem to be having the Northern problem with these 319's as well , its as if the one's coming up from Thameslink have been there problematic units . We all know there will always be some lemons in any fleet.
(11/02/2016 12:07)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest in the great swing of things at LONDON MIDLAND I can not see them having this none standard fleet for too long .

Why not. They had 321411-417 for long enough.

Yes but childwallblues wherever these 319's go for some reason there failing with alarming regularity now .
For operational reasons the 0755 London Midland service from Crewe to Euston was cancelled yesterday morning. The next service was at 0902 which I boarded and took as far as Tamworth LL. As this is the only service that stops down the Trent Valley during the day it was full and standing at Stafford and with many passengers boarding at both Rugeley TV and Lichfield TV passengers were standing down the aisles. When I alighted at Tamworth I estimate that at least 70-80 passengers were waiting to board. I do not know how many passengers were waiting at either Atherstone or Nuneaton but I would imagine that as Nuneaton is the busiest station on the route many passengers would have been left behind.

(17/02/2016 07:25)childwallblues Wrote:  For operational reasons the 0755 London Midland service from Crewe to Euston was cancelled yesterday morning. The next service was at 0902 which I boarded and took as far as Tamworth LL. As this is the only service that stops down the Trent Valley during the day it was full and standing at Stafford and with many passengers boarding at both Rugeley TV and Lichfield TV passengers were standing down the aisles. When I alighted at Tamworth I estimate that at least 70-80 passengers were waiting to board. I do not know how many passengers were waiting at either Atherstone or Nuneaton but I would imagine that as Nuneaton is the busiest station on the route many passengers would have been left behind.

It's not uncommon for that to happen on any route where a peak train is cancelled, the next one is unable to take 2 x service's worth of passengers without leaving people behind unless it's been strengthened.
New stations opened at Coventry Arena and Bermuda Park on the Coventry to Nuneaton line on 18 January.

It's been reported that 319455 is the seventh Class 319 to cascade to London Midland

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)