Current time: 16/04/2024, 17:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
East Midlands Trains
East Midlands Trains
Exclamation East Midlands Trains content can be found here!
Find all posts by this user
RE: East Midlands Trains
Due to flooding between Bottesford and Grantham , East Midlands trains have had to alter some of there services.

Trains to Skegness are operating but not calling at Grantham .

Services between Nottingham and Norwich are being diverted via Oakham
Another case of go from bad to worse .

Due to signalling problems in the Sheffield area , all services are presently suspended between Chinley and Sheffield .
Is it just 158's they use between Liverpool Lime ST & Norfolk on this line!
yes, the occasional merridien is used for events and once, they had a HST running to St Pancras from Liverpool via pretty much everywhere!!! :p
(19/07/2012 23:16)jtd508110 Wrote:  yes, the occasional merridien is used for events and once, they had a HST running to St Pancras from Liverpool via pretty much everywhere!!! :p

think i might cry, how slow the 158's are from manchester to thetford! seem to take ages!! hope they are comfty as the new ATW refurb'd 158's
(19/07/2012 23:33)cx04axy Wrote:  
(19/07/2012 23:16)jtd508110 Wrote:  yes, the occasional merridien is used for events and once, they had a HST running to St Pancras from Liverpool via pretty much everywhere!!! :p

think i might cry, how slow the 158's are from manchester to thetford! seem to take ages!! hope they are comfty as the new ATW refurb'd 158's

Most liverpool - Norwich services are four car 158's . If you are travelling onwards from nottingham though make sure your in the rear set on departure from liverpool or manchester , the front set will be detached as rear set after reversal at Sheffield on arrival at Nottingham.
(20/07/2012 13:43)wirralbus Wrote:  
(19/07/2012 23:33)cx04axy Wrote:  

Most liverpool - Norwich services are four car 158's . If you are travelling onwards from nottingham though make sure your in the rear set on departure from liverpool or manchester , the front set will be detached as rear set after reversal at Sheffield on arrival at Nottingham.
You can get 156s with the 158s between NOT and LIV if you are really lucky. And 153s - not unheard of!
I have also heard of but not common practice these days for a 153 to operate on its own rather than cancel the service between Nottingham and Liverpool , but must say that this is very occasional and usually towards the back half of the day.
Seen a east train midland 156 passing through Huyton with passangers on it about 20 minutes ago does anyone no why?

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)