Current time: 02/05/2024, 06:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
East Midlands Trains
RE: East Midlands Trains
ITT for next EMT franchise released. Liverpool to Nottingham to be taken out of EMT franchise at December 2021 timetable change and XC routes not to be transferred to EMT.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collection...-franchise
Find all posts by this user
Will Liverpool - Nottingham go over to TPE and Nottingham - Norwich to Greater Anglia?
(09/06/2018 09:22)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Will Liverpool - Nottingham go over to TPE and Nottingham - Norwich to Greater Anglia?

Liverpool to Nottingham to TPE or Northern, subject to DfT negotiations. It's rumoured TPE have a plan to keep all the 185s and to transfer some mk5s to Liverpool to Nottingham should they get the route (with more 185s on North TPE.) However, I think Northern are being considered because they already serve Nottingham, Sheffield, Manchester and the CLC line to Liverpool.

Nottingham-Norwich staying put.
Thanks for your update here Knutstransport.
In an ideal world there would be some overlap, so for example Liverpool - Peterborough (useful for East Coast connections) and Norwich - Sheffield (onward connections for Yorkshire) but can't that happening unfortunately.
(09/06/2018 21:18)St Helens Rider Wrote:  In an ideal world there would be some overlap, so for example Liverpool - Peterborough (useful for East Coast connections) and Norwich - Sheffield (onward connections for Yorkshire) but can't that happening unfortunately.

EMT continuing to run the Norwich service to Sheffield could be possibility but I very much doubt TPE or Northern would run all the way to Peterborough.
(09/06/2018 10:08)knutstransport Wrote:  Liverpool to Nottingham to TPE or Northern, subject to DfT negotiations. It's rumoured TPE have a plan to keep all the 185s and to transfer some mk5s to Liverpool to Nottingham should they get the route (with more 185s on North TPE.) However, I think Northern are being considered because they already serve Nottingham, Sheffield, Manchester and the CLC line to Liverpool.

Nottingham-Norwich staying put.

In view of Northerns current performance there would be a public outrage if LIV-NOT were transferred to them.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(10/06/2018 09:20)childwallblues Wrote:  In view of Northerns current performance there would be a public outrage if LIV-NOT were transferred to them.

In fairness that won't matter one iota to the government if they were to award it to ARN
I dont see why they cant just leave it as it is, Its rare i ever see a Liverpool - Norwich running really late ect

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like most rail routes in the country, this service does struggle capacity wise (especially so when short formed).
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)