Current time: 06/05/2024, 18:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
Well at least some people agree Smile I know i get the info from Merseytravel, and here, and VOSA, but I would say the vast majority of passengers (that is probably mostly the kids and older folk) dont come on here or VOSA, and if anything the Merseytravel website unless they know what they get told what to look for - people on the bus who see the advert in Metro or the Echo cant exactly go on the webstie can they, and if yes they can go to a travel centre but only if they are on the way to town - in the old adverts it clearly stated what was changing and when and if it was new then it gave details - joe public like to be reassured, if they see "timetable changes" or "route changes" they instantly think the whole route or timetable is changing when it fact it is only 1 road or journey. If a service is changing operator, then who this new operator? It seems to create an unneecssary fear and confusion and not everyone will remember to check the website when they get home.
Yes words and dates are often repeated in the normal ads - this can still be reduced with the summarised headings of timetable changes/route changes and from dates - My example would be

Timetable changes
145 - 0741 journey runs 5 minutes earlier
60 - Some midjourney times revised
61 - Eazbius Sunday journeys retimed
360 - Frequency Increased
Route Changes
14A - evening journeys rerouted in Croxteth
168 - rerouted to omit Thomas Lane
80A - curtailed at Liverpool Airport no longer serving Speke
Operator Changes
129 now run by Eazibus
156 am /256 now run by Fairbrothers
New services
X3 run by Stagecoach linking Scotland Road, Everton, Fazakerley and Kirkby every 30 minutes daytimes.

I think that style is still far quicker and less repetitve than the old way but gets the message across
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - mr t - 31/01/2014 13:31

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)