Current time: 06/05/2024, 13:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
When I used the 211 around a year ago when Halton had it, it did seem reasonably well used although most of it's passengers either used it from Morrisons to the Eastern side of Speke or got on it in West Speke to Morrisons. Yes generally they were pass holders although I think a odd fare may have been taken. To me it certainly seemed as busy as routes like the 167 Garston Circular, former 165 Belle Vale Circular and busier than the 206 Crosby - Hightown Circular as a comparison.

I might have used it around the time most people were shopping so might not be fully representative of how busy or quiet the 211 really is and would've been interesting to see how different it might have been before Morrisons and the retail park opened too. It certainly does/did roads in Speke the normal routes didn't operate on.

I don't remember/know about the situation in MPTE days but I know in Merseybus/MTL's 89's did Tarbock Road/Millwood Road to Eastern Avenue and Liverline's 32 did a loop around Critchley Road/East Damwood Road before it was cut back to Garston. I think these was the only real variation from the Western/Eastern Avenue pattern most of Speke's 8*'s routes tended to do.

Could be interesting that Merseytravel could be looking at demand responsive services and could provide links where they've been lost. But if these like the 211 are being aimed at mainly senior/pass holder users they might not be the most tech savvy to get the most out of them and as mentioned hope it's not another means to cost-cut and cut further routes which maybe do have a need for them. Hopefully this move by Arriva/Merseytravel will work and maybe develop. Hope it does.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - Gillmoss 0324 - 28/08/2019 07:40

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)