Current time: 06/05/2024, 12:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(04/11/2018 08:45)iMarkeh Wrote:  I don't think you get the point I am making. The 84/85 could be linked onto 2 AM schools which would save money. The 16/17 can't as all buses start too early.

The 84/85 ran shorter hours. The 16/17 goes round areas a lot earlier than the 84/85 which means it is costing more.

If the tenders were split, A2B might have 2 buses spare and want £160k to run the service. Eazibus might have 3 buses spare and want £270k to run the service. None of these have 5 buses available so wouldn't directly tender. Stagecoach have 5 buses but might want £500k to run the service. Splitting the route back to how it was would reduce the cost massively as smaller companies would have put in bids. If an emergency tender needs 5 buses, you aren't going to get licences in time so it is all down to your current availability. The less buses a route needs, the more people tender as more people can easily accommodate it.

I think you are comparing it as Stagecoach running both services and winning both tenders at which point there would be a small decrease in cost (due to the shorter running hours on the 84/85). I am comparing it as any 2 companies running the 2 tenders. The cost could be vastly reduced.

Who says A2B Would be interested and who says Eazibus want more work? Having the Buses is one thing but then you have to get the drivers and that costs time (Interviews ect) and money. With the tenders starting at short notice Stagecoach was the better operator to go to, they have the Buses and Drivers being a bigger operator.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - T42 PVM - 04/11/2018 08:49

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)